Sly's AP ANH Stunt TK Build

Sly11

Thank you so much guys.

Steve (Slangen), yes I agree need to trim that cover strip down a little, also need to trim the rear strips slightly on the backs of both thighs as well I think.

Steve (Gazmosis) Looking forward to getting my EIB and Centurion subs in, as soon as I have my 501st approval. I bit the bullet and cut out the kidney corners as well, as much as I said it wasn't going to happen.

I had always started this build aiming for Centurion and hope I can get there in the end.

Ben, don't be daunted when it comes to the first cut. If you are getting an untrimmed kit, there is plenty of practice in cutting down the excess first before making final adjustments.  It is great fun and the journey an exciting one. There were quite a few build threads I referred to, but always looked movie shots and images in the Photo reference library here on FISD.

Good luck with your build.

• Like 1

Have now trimmed off the excess on my cover strips and put in my 501st app, will post some more photos tonight, but my Garrison GML has given me the all clear so just waiting for that special email that confirms my TK number, and I will submit for EIB as soon as I can

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of shots to pass the time.

I am wearing Nomex gloves in this shot and not my accurate rubber gloves, and would you believe, the damn flash has crapped out on my camera so sorry they are a little dark.

bit of a practice run for my EIB shots so i can see what needs a tweak before the time comes. Just spotted the gap difference between my for arm and bicep is bigger on one side, so gots ta fix dat.

GlQBY1O.jpg

Hey, don't turn your back on me!

Sing out please anyone with your two cents worth of what i may need to fix, especially you Gazmosis!!!  My wife gets pissed every time i ask her to take more photos so the less i have to keep retaking the better for me not copping it from her..

PauceZU.jpg

Looks pretty neat! If you can keep this left shoulder bell at this position while trooping it will be perfect. I personally had a lot of troubles fixing that issue on my AP.

As you say, either drop the biceps a little or bring the forearm up on your right arm, and you'll be good to go :)

Yippy, I am finally a Stormtrooper

Officially TK 11469.

Now just have to work out how to gain access to the 501st website.

Do I need to post a link to my 501St ID or similar as have seen a few posts requesting 501 access.

• Like 1

Sorry im a bit late Andrew, but this is an awesome build! And congrats! Im building my armor with EIB and Centurion in mind as well. Its really pretty easy if your doing it initially. Not much extra time and effort if ya do it right from the get go.

Again, congrats!

• 5 months later...

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get 11469 from?

Sure, it actually my birth date 11 April 1969. 11469

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for, in my opinion, the best AP build thread. It's my bible right now as I struggle along!

Is there anything you would change or do differently if you built again?

Cheers

• Like 1

I am actually looking at changing my strapping a little, currently I can not fully suit up myself, and require help to unclip the shoulder bells. Also I will be making a wider more comfortable garter belt to hold up the thighs as my current belt is only 30mm wide. Will be making the new one 60-70mm wide and using Velcro to close it, as opposed to the webbing clips I currently have.

Once the mods are done I will post them on the end of this build thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...