How do you move a glued sniper plate to the proper position?

I've received my RS Props armor a month ago. I have made a couple adjustments and from the pictures I've posted, I've been told the sniper plate was glued in the incorrect position. It needs to be moved up. Here is a  link to some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28296-pgpdpig-asking-for-help-comments-and-advise-on-the-armor-fit/ 

My question is, how do you remove a glued sniper plate without damaging the sniper plate or the shin armor? I could use some serious help because I'm eventually planning on going for Centurion. Also my forearms could be a little smaller in circumference, so I'm planning to take them in a little. Is there a safe way to unglue them at the seems so I can trim them, then reglue them?

Any and all comments and help would be great. I'm still new at this. Also if anyone sees anything else that needs to be adjusted, please let me know. Except for the butt plate, I need to heat bend it to make it fit better. It makes my butt look fat.

Thomas

I've received my RS Props armor a month ago. I have made a couple adjustments and from the pictures I've posted, I've been told the sniper plate was glued in the incorrect position. It needs to be moved up. Here is a  link to some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28296-pgpdpig-asking-for-help-comments-and-advise-on-the-armor-fit/ 

My question is, how do you remove a glued sniper plate without damaging the sniper plate or the shin armor? I could use some serious help because I'm eventually planning on going for Centurion. Also my forearms could be a little smaller in circumference, so I'm planning to take them in a little. Is there a safe way to unglue them at the seems so I can trim them, then reglue them?

Any and all comments and help would be great. I'm still new at this. Also if anyone sees anything else that needs to be adjusted, please let me know. Except for the butt plate, I need to heat bend it to make it fit better. It makes my butt look fat.

Thomas

It depends on the glue that was used. If you used E-6000 glue, it will come apart with constant easy pressure. If it was connected using other types of glue, like zap-a-gap or something similar you will need to very very carefully cut it off. You may have to but a replacement sniper if it's attached with a permanent bonding type glue.

The same goes for the forearms and any other parts you have.. it all depends on the glue you used.

From the one photo, it looks like it. However, angles can be deceiving. It's best to post more photos closer up, from different angles.

You will know the type of glue by seeing if you can slowly pry off the sniper plate. IF it's E6000, it will give way eventually.

I've been looking at some of the Centurion request threads for RS Props and I have noticed the same issue with some of the other armors. So I didn't know if this is just how they do it or if mine is just the odd ball. Kinda bummed if it is because part of the reason I went with RS Props was due to the fact that they are EIB out of the box. Pictures coming once I get home.

Thomas   

SJswneJ.jpg

Sorry I only sent the one pic. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics. I sized these down a little but I hope I didn't size them down to far. Also on the rear pic, let me know if that looks normal. Hawkfan I know you have RS, so I was wondering if yours looks the same. It looks to me like the shin armor is off a little. The left side looks a little lower then the right side when they put it together.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thomas I sent you a pm but looks like the sniper plate was mounted too low on the shin when looking at the rear pic you posted. I think that is the cause of the gap showing on the right side shot of the shin.

Edited by HawkFan24

Agreed, the sniper is much too low on your shin. I would contact RS again and show them the photos. They should replace the shin, in my opinion... you bought a built accurate suit form them, they made a mistake, they should fix it.

I know if I made a mistake on a build I did, I would always honor that and would replace or pay to have it shipped back to me so I could fix it.

There is no question that your sniperplate is too low. My guess is they put it on and made a mistake, but it was to late and they hoped you wouldn't notice.

If you look here you can see the top line of the sniper plate follows the top line on the shin. Yours points down and makes a new line.

gallery_14191_18_265613.jpg

All the sniper plates (most) from the movies point upwards.

gallery_14191_18_365407.jpg

Thanks for all your help and advice. I'm still pretty new at this and I'm still learning and I didn't notice it at first. But now I can definitely tell that it's way out of position. It also looks like they put the shin together off, from the back pic, you can see the left side is lower then the right and this also throws off the shin line and wont let the sniper plate match even if it was put on right. I'm going to resend RS another email. Part of the reason I went with RS was because of their screen accuracy.

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help and advice. I'm still pretty new at this and I'm still learning and I didn't notice it at first. But now I can definitely tell that it's way out of position. It also looks like they put the shin together off, from the back pic, you can see the left side is lower then the right and this also throws off the shin line and wont let the sniper plate match even if it was put on right. I'm going to resend RS another email. Part of the reason I went with RS was because of their screen accuracy.

Thomas

Did you have any luck with RS?

• 1 month later...

So far I'm still waiting on the replacement shin/sniper plate. I've been in contact with them but it seems to me like its taking longer then it should. I'm also still waiting on the replacement shoulder straps, the others were a little short and the chest plate is to high, basically almost choking me. I can troop with it like this but it definitely needs to be fixed. I'm waiting on the replacement before I apply for EIB.

Yeah.

If you can tilt the top of the knee little backwards, that would be ideal. But I still think it works just fine.

I've seen way worse knee plates where people gave them lots of praise.