Manzilla's ESB AM 2.0 Armor Build

On the inside of the score line where I had bent it, I took my knife and ran along the inside line:

IMG_1149.jpg

This made for a very clean cut:

IMG_1145.jpg

I then made my 1.5cm cover strips. It just so happened that the amount that I cut off of the arms was enough to make most of the strips:

IMG_1148.jpg

You asked earlier if the gaps in the ears against the helmet are acceptable. Yes. Many of the on screen helmets had gaps. However if you wanted to eliminate the ones you have, all you need to do is move the ear down ever so slightly and massage that little corner to nestle into the curved crease between the cheek and the tube. Although you can't increase the hole size in your ears to slide it down, you CAN increase the holes underneath the ears on the main helmet body. Using the same drill bit you used to make the original hole, place it back into the hole and with a little downward pressure on the drill it will open the hole a little below the original location allowing the screws to drop just a tad. You will be able to trim those ears darn near perfect. Watch the back side of the ears as well. One side does affect the other.

Great work on the helmet so far. This is purely a question, not a statement (no ESB expert here), but should you have the same number of rank bars painted on both sides? And it's a bit hard to tell in your pics, but have you painted the bumps, or in between the bumps?

Don't worry, you got them right.

ESB helmets are a lot different than ANH ones in terms of painting and marking. Check this thread if you want, it contains several very nice pics of originals helmets:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21243-esb-regular-esb-mark-ii-decals-assistance-needed-accuracy-nuts-need-only-reply/

The easiest way is to put the cover strip on one half only, leaving half of the cover strip exposed for the attachment of the other forearm piece. Because of the overlap, It then acts like a guide when you attach the other side. As far as them being at an angle, I am not sure. The way that I cut them, although they did angle a bit, they lined up fairly accurately. 

• 2 months later...

So I am building this same kit, and it looks like you've answered my question with your pics, but is the right inner forearm that part that has the deeper swoop (for lack of a better word). What I was assuming as the left inner forearm has almost no swoop to it, but I am just wanting to make sure.