Schultz's AP ANH Stunt build (First Timer)

AP was really fast at shipping my armor once ordered. I recieved it about 6 weeks ago, but we were in the process of packing and moving, so I kept it boxed up. Well now that we are settled, it's time to get started! I ordered a full untrimmed kit after polling members of the Badlands garrison.

I must say, I have felt a little overwhelmed at times researching building armor (so much information). But just like you eat an elephant, grab an ear and start chewing! Watching trooperbays videos have calmed me down a little and as I get trimming, the confidence will build.

891_zpsa00e6168.jpg

All laid out

20140816_145426_zps4504130e.jpg

So I roughly marked out the areas to trim out. I am assuming I should follow the natural contour lines but stick to the outside of them allowing me to sand or fine trim to the contour line.

Thank you for the help now and probably all the "reassuring" questions in the near future.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

This is my progress so far. Looking for any feedback and suggestions that anyone has. I am thinking I just have to tidy up the teeth a little more. 

Any suggestions on closing up the gap on the back of the ear? Is the small gap on the front of the ear acceptable?

20140830_141110_zpsb0a787a2.jpg?t=1409421409430014786_zps270454a1.jpg20140830_141121_zps8b803032.jpg20140830_141209_zps7f93ed0f.jpg

With the forearms, do I need to trim more of the return edge in the left piece? Do you just leave the button part alone?

1409429801039_zpscf76c254.jpg

Thanks everyone!

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. I am focused at getting this build done. A new baby and a 2 year old really made it difficult to focus on my build, but now I am putting all my extra time into it in the hopes of being finished by mid November.

Important Question: The AP thighs are wonky and from reading other build threads I am still not quite sure on where to line the 2 pieces up for connecting with cover strips. Ihave lined them up at the top in the front, which makes the bottom angle grooves look better. In the back it seems more off when lined up to the bottom grooves. I would have to do some trimming and forming if I cut it where I currently have it taped. Does this look right?

Cheers

I will put up pictures of my paint job and arm assembly here shortly.

20151030_155442_zpsjrjh5f9y.jpg20151030_155415_zps2y0jpmm3.jpg

Since the front is where you'd want everything lined up as best as possible, I'd say you have it right.

Then in the back you can trim that rear line to look more even, which you may have to do for fit purposes anyway.

Also on the back, don't worry about the bottom edge being misaligned since you'll more than likely trim that to help with mobility.

That'll clean it up appearance wise.

Like these guys to the right:

gallery_14191_17_35140.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks good! Only suggestion is adjusting the thigh since one is higher than the other. Good luck! :)

I thought it was higher as I was wearing it, I even asked my buddy (who thought they were fine). They are on velcro so it is an easy adjustment.

Looks Good. A few suggestings ... Raise your right thigh (as already mentioned), bring your forarms closer to your biceps, and restrain your butt plate somehow. Other than that, It fits you great. :duim:

Looks Good. A few suggestings ... Raise your right thigh (as already mentioned), bring your forarms closer to your biceps, and restrain your butt plate somehow. Other than that, It fits you great. :duim:

What is the best way to get the butt plate to form around you better. I saw on Mechapumpkin's build thread he used a tensor bandage  wrapped around it to shape it. Would you also heat it a bit?