Topic Editing Issues

Clamps

Sounds like latency issues. From what I've heard, Aussie internet isn't all that great, and it could happen something times out while you are waiting for the reply.

I'll just try again later, and report back if it continues for too long....

Wouldn't let me post again in my Build Thread. Ended up splitting my planned post into 3 separate smaller posts and it worked fine.....

I had this exact same problem the other day when posting my Blaster build thread.

As Ian above stated, I to had to split it up with limited images per post or I lost the info. It took a while but I got there in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like latency issues. From what I've heard, Aussie internet isn't all that great, and it could happen something times out while you are waiting for the reply.

This is an actual issue with editing long posts. Annoyingly when I log in as the user having the issue I can't reproduce it.... Even when using the same OS and same browser editing the same post.

I'll take a look around the ipb support forums when I get back home tonight.

At some point I may need to coordinate with someone who is having problems real time while I look at the logs as they happen.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be an overloaded database.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Possibly. Or php taking up a ton of resources which is usually the case. Our MySQL database is rarely bogged but the lack of php caching is screwing us left and right.

Also I would think there would be some sort of timeout related error message rather than a 404 that folks are getting.

Maybe I'll try and use some of the ipb data base checking tools tonight.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an actual issue with editing long posts.

Just to clarify, my issue was with creating a new post, not editing. More than happy to PM you when (if) it next happens to look at it real time.

I ran some seemingly unneeded repairs on some tables... and ran the silly "optimize" thingy on them all. 

I can't imagine that helped at all. I think I really need to catch it happening live and watch the log. 

-Eric

I just made a super long post somewhere with a few images but I have no issues editing it.

Derrek et al... please PM me with the post you're trying to edit that fails. If I'm online I will want to go look at the log as you try to edit it... or if I'm not online I'll log in as you and try to edit it myself (which totally didn't work with Clamps and Sskunky)

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...

After waiting 2 weeks since I was on vacation, I tried it and it's now working.... so thanks for anything you did that fixed it :D