Nate D Sanders TK "prototype 1976" lid for auction

A friend showed me this item for sale in their magazine, and I was intrigued by the mixture of bubble lens and stunt frown, and whatever that brow material seems to be. So I looked it up and found even more unique features such as the ribbed texture on the back of the lid.

It also appears from their online catalog that it's been up for auction three times without a buyer.

Any thoughts or info on this? It would make for quite the conversation piece in your bucket collection...

http://natedsanders.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=26072

On 8/14/2014 at 2:51 AM, Locitus said:

Nothing prototype about it. You can read some more from Lindsay, the wife of Brian Muir, the sculptor of the armour here:

------------

Great link and thank you. I remember this story, I just didn't know it was still in play.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

So what's the story? I couldn't see the Facebook story. It's not a real lid?

To sum it up, it's more like something Andrew made after the first movie while messing around in the workshop. Fast forward 30 years and he realizes those could be worth something, so he calls them prototypes and people go nuts, making him rich.

To sum it up, it's more like something Andrew made after the first movie while messing around in the workshop. Fast forward 30 years and he realizes those could be worth something, so he calls them prototypes and people go nuts, making him rich.

Oh I see. So he makes it look different enough that it's noticeable, but not enough that it looks out of place. Sly move.