Greetings friends!

Nikos

Dear forum members,

First of all allow me to apologize for the randomness of my thread but I find myself in need of guidance and advice regarding my quest of acquiring a proper StormTrooper Commander costume; one that will allow me to join the 501st Legion. 

My name is Nikos, 25 years old and I come from Greece. I intend to create a 501st outpost in Greece. After long research I have decided that a StormTrooper Commander outfit will be most proper for me and my likes.

However, I have no idea from where to buy a quality set as I want to avoid cheap and quick choices that ebay or amazon offer. I am not so good at painting and hand-crafting therefore I would prefer to acquire a finished set. Do you have any suggestions for me, as to from where should I make my purchase?

I apologize once more and I do thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nikolaos Taskos

Drawing from what I've heard so far, RS Prop Masters offers fully built suits as an option. CFO would be the preferred armor vendor for a TKC, as it requires the least amount of modifying, but I don't remember if they offer the fully built and painted suit. You can always send a few emails and ask. Contact info can be found here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I should tell you that I had no experience with crafting or painting when I first started out. As I made progress on my first costume, I gradually became more and more confident in my skills. Many folks will tell you the same, and will recommend you buy the kit and build it yourself -- it's cheaper that way, and you'll gain experience that can be applied to help others. There are plenty of resources here to help you with that if you happen to take that route instead.

Oh, and welcome.  :duim:

First off, welcome aboard!

Moving on, I don't think the task of painting should really scare you. From my experience all you would really need to do to add the blue markings is tape off your helmet and then spray blue paint onto it. If there's one thing i've decided in this hobby, its that if you're going to put this much of an investment into something - do the thing you want the most. Mine being a TK.

Welcome aboard. I myself just put a deposit in on a few helmets from AP.

My suggestions:

1. Read. A LOT. These threads (most anyway) are open, so ask questions! Even though I myself don't have hands on an actual TK anything, (I have a clone helmet, that's it) I'm confident in knowing where to go.

2. Send emails! There's a vetted list of people. Send out some emails, talk to vendors, see what's out there. Some vendors offer a fully-built kit, some offer a "DIY kit". Look in the commissary section. I know a few blokes offer armor for sale there. Do some negotiating. EMAIL THEM! :)

Hope this helps!