Say time and money aren't an issue. Let's say you walk into a room and there is one of each fully trimmed and assembled to your exact size and you are allowed to walk out in ONE of them that very moment for free. Which suit do you take?

They are very similar, but, I prefer the AP bucket. So I would go with AP Edited by Tolo

ATA looks really good in person and has the characteristic eye bump and the bumpy cap from the original's paint drips. AP and ATA are both cast from TE(2) so I'd assume AP wouldn't look any worse. Any ("accurate") bucket can look pretty good if you let it. I can vouch that ATA is a good starter lid, but I'm sure if you can afford AP it's tangibly better somehow (anybody?). I can't tell from pics/vids

Edited by charlesnarles

That's kind of where I'm coming from with this post. Everyone that is telling me to go with ATA is using price as the reason. Conversely, everyone that is telling me to go with AP is using turn time as the reason. Nobody seems to have any input as to the difference in quality between the two kits.

I guess its only fair that I shamelessly plug in CAP-W as an option. Check with Scootch to see if he has any sets left. Mine was shipped as soon as I put in the order and I got it for the same price I would pay for an ATA set. It's made from the same origins as ATA so from what I can tell they are practically the same armor - save CAP-W being HIPS instead of ABS. But honestly, spray painting it is the easiest part of my build.

Edited by Grimez

No one is offering favorites between the two because they are both exceptional armors. At your dimensions, I would favor ATA. But if the wait tine has you bummed, MTK is also an option. It is the same molds as ATA but with some additional accuracy improvements.

ATA looks really good in person and has the characteristic eye bump and the bumpy cap from the original's paint drips. AP and ATA are both cast from TE(2) so I'd assume AP wouldn't look any worse. Any ("accurate") bucket can look pretty good if you let it. I can vouch that ATA is a good starter lid, but I'm sure if you can afford AP it's tangibly better somehow (anybody?). I can't tell from pics/vids

the AP ws not cast from a TE2.  NOR was ATA cast frm TE2.it was CAP/W that ATA was derived from. and AP was cast from a tour suit by GF.

the AP ws not cast from a TE2. NOR was ATA cast frm TE2.it was CAP/W that ATA was derived from. and AP was cast from a tour suit by GF.

Not trying to spread misinformation, but according to the two armor history flow charts I've seen they're both "grandkids" of TE/TE2.

•TE&TE2 to CAP to ATA

•TE to GFv2 to AP

Right? Standing on the shoulders of geniuses, as they say...😉

THe biggest differences is the chest plate. pick which chest plate looks better. The ATA chest plate looks waaaay off to the originals. The AP isn't too close, but it looks more like the original chest. CAPW is basically exactly the same as ATA just sharper and a different plastic. Ap helmet is just as good as a starter kit as ATA if not better because you can order it pre trimmed with every hole already drilled and ready for assembly. Ap has been around longer than ATA but it comes down to the chest piece really. they both look completely different.

So far, I haven't ordered from AP, but when I do order armor, it'll be from them. The pricing is a little high, but for one they are VERY forthcoming, and they accept payments.

I haven't spoken with ATA, which is the flaw in my argument. But so far my experience with AP has been absolutely reassuring.

Not trying to spread misinformation, but according to the two armor history flow charts I've seen they're both "grandkids" of TE/TE2.

•TE&TE2 to CAP to ATA

•TE to GFv2 to AP

Right? Standing on the shoulders of geniuses, as they say...

that chart is not descriptive of all the facts. you have to know how to interpret t!

each maker has made changes, so it's not just a copy.

that chart is not descriptive of all the facts. you have to know how to interpret t!

each maker has made changes, so it's not just a copy.

lol your grandkids aren't really copies of you, unless you cloned yourself a couple times. Like a cloned Boba baby (as opposed to Jengo's cloned baby Boba)...........😛

I didn't consider them taking payments... Might have to send another email (ATA wait list is so loooong but I do want it to match my bucket)

I'm 100% with Mathias. AP looks really good, but if you are truly looking at the details, I'd go with ATA. You can see this for instance on the forearms, where ATA has square dimples (correct) and AP has rounded ones.

• 4 weeks later...

It is really a personal call. If they weren't all great kits, they wouldn't be here on the vetted sellers list. In person they all look great. I am 5'10" 175 and ATA fits great. I love the kit and customer support/contact was always just an email away. The wait is long though. You won't be disappointed no matter who you choose from our list.

Edited by DroidHunter
  • Like 1