My AP Build....From PEI Canada...Definitely a WIP

I think you need to shorten your leg pieces, beginning with the shins. The space between thigh and shin seems very small, you may have problems with the sniper plate and thigh ammo (I think). And it would help with the bending.

After much deliberation, a week of reading and asking questions, there was no way around it.  I had to trim my thighs at the top and shins more at the bottom.  Feels much better.  Still lots of pressure points but those will be ironed out moving forward.

IMG_6684_zps9b576e31.jpg

IMG_6685_zpse63e1e66.jpg

IMG_6686_zps18eb4b44.jpg

Any advice on riveting, closing the gap on sides, and belt construction?  I have a belt...just need to put it together????

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a devil of a time trying to find information on attaching the ab to the butt?  I know the ab cod has one rivet and the butt has two but what size, color, where they go, and whats on the inside remain a mystery to me.  Help?

I'm almost done my helmet too.  I installed the padding from an old hockey helmet I had lying around and put in some fans from Evilboy.  What a difference those made.  Have to put some more decals on.  I am not a painter.  I'll update the lens to something less see-thru and new hovi mic tips when more funds become available.  Fun times.

Edited by Racasey06

Read this while keeping in mind the context of what we're talking about please...hahahaha.  If possible, could you guys take pictures of the outside and insides of your ...ummm...you know....crotches?  

Yes sure, here's my crotch :lol:.

- Outside:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5595/15158969766_9e9e977b10_b.jpg

- Inside, not focused on the crotch area but you can get the idea:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5581/15181665092_5fa1da78c1_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Good day folks,

Here's a couple pics for your comments.  

The first is me (obviously) at Christmas with my cousin and my son.  Here are my thoughts.  Chime in if you wish:  I'm heading towards EIB hopefully.

These are my notes:

Shoulders straps need to be bent more.  Hard to see here, but I am ready to take off with them.  They look like wings.

Shin with Sniper plate...Need some padding inside to keep it from turning out.  

Need Neck Seal.  I have the material but lack sewing machine and skill.  

Elastics on biceps.

Hand Guards are kept on with pipe cleaners. 

Battery pack on knee needs to be supported to hide the butt point of thighs.

Place the strapping of butt cod and kidney more on the outside so the corner of butt doesn't flare.  

Will need to shim the side.  

Hovi Mic Tips are needed.

Need to install holster.  Bought trooper bay stunt version.

Need better eyes I think.  These are green and came with AP Kit..should I upgrade?  Do I need to?  Lots to do in the meantime.

10868044_10155196003470727_5792543886203

A second picture from when I walked around my school before Christmas.  You can see the winged shoulders really well here.  I have since bent them, but they need more.  E6000 used so I can get them off.  

Shin is out again.

Battery pack looks better here.

Despite the crotch looking tight in this picture and not so much in the top one, it's pretty good to get around in.  Stairs suck!  But flat surfaces are okay.  

10801817_10152531725452876_2283428934190

Thanks everyone.

Hi Ryan and Happy New Year mate.

Wow, your armour is coming along great.

To answer your AP hand plate question, I used Industrial Velcro on my Nomex gloves.

White in the back of the hand plates (adhesive type, hence industrial, it is hard as hell to peel off) use the rough side, and black soft loop side on the gloves themselves. I sewed these on by hand. I bough 50mm wide and trimmed to suit.

This way I can take the plates off to wash the gloves.

Rotating shins.

Here again I used industrial Velcro towards the bottom.

Soft side on the inside front of the shin, and the other half on the front of the boot.

This stops the shins from riding up and dramatically reduced the twisting.

Lens material.

I replaced mine with a thicker and darker material purchased from Trooperbay, kids can see your eyes through the AP supplied material.

To curve the shoulder bridges, I used boiling water, and just simply tied a piece of string around the length of each bridge part, the shorter or tighter you tie the string the more the bridge curves, drop it in a bucket of boiling water for 5 minutes, take it out undo and check the curve, adjust as necessary, or just use a heat gun with great caution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coming along!  I had the same problem with the shoulder wings;  I did not have to take them off though, just put a slight bend by hand between every square, real gentle, until they formed a perfect curve shape.  Literally had to bend between every square though.  Your ear rank outline seems really thick, if you wanted to thin that down a bit maybe.