Painting Rubber?

Hi!
I'm still not sure if I've picked the right place to ask this question haha. I really want to paint rain boots that are made of natural rubber. I'm thinking about using Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint and putting a clear glaze on top. I don't feel confident in this decision though. Do any of you have experience in painting rubber? I would like to use them as regular rain boots, so I'm hoping to find a way to paint them so that they won't crack and peel.

krylon will turn into a cracked mess.

you need to paint rubber with rubber based paints.

the trick is to coat the boots with paint designed to paint rubber.

basically what you're doing is adding colored rubber over the top of the rubber you already have.

the bonding process is caused by the materials being the same type.

Thank you for the reply! I would've been making a horrible mistake. Do you know of any rubber based paint brands or where people sell them? I've gone to home depot and Michael's and they both told me they don't sell paints that work on rubber. So I'm hoping to get a name that I can look for on the shelves myself or one that I can order in if it's not in my city. I only need white and black so they don't need to have a great selection of colours or anything.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27403-another-boot-thread-but-with-spray-paint/

I painted my TK boots white with a automotive vinyl spray. Worked a treat. So far so good. It bends flexes. Haven't trooped in them yet, but they seem ok.

BUT, 2 mates then bought the same paint to use on leather boots, and it cracked straight off!

Ian: I'm worried that paint made for leather doesn't stick to rubber in the same way, so I'm nervous to try a paint that doesn't list rubber specifically. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Steve: I'm making a costume of a character from a new show at our studio! I'm hoping my co-workers will get a kick out of it.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/disney-tries-something-new-with-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-a-woman-creator-102477.html
^That article unfortunately focuses on who's making it and not what it's about, but I'm extremely excited for the first episode to air. I need the paint to make the rhino face on the boots haha. (they're on the main character with long blond hair)

My friend suggested I try asking the fine folks here because everyone is really talented and works with a lot of different materials.

I use PlastiDip with great success. It comes in both liqid and spray. Black is the most commonly stocked (HD, Wally), but Ace carries grey and white. I used the white on my handguards and my first stormie boots with no cracking.

http://plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip