Are these gloves approvable?

Found these gloves on amazon for under $30 and i just wanted to double check if they're legion approved. They're Nomex and they're all black and I've heard they're preferred over the Chem gloves. I'm shooting for EIB approval and if these are good to go I would be very pleased. Help me out here FISD!

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0035QHFLS?cache=6cce35099324a242e76702b3dc3daf20π=SY200_QL40&qid=1407300956&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Do the only come in that two-tone color?  They would need to be solid black.

Honestly, you don't have to go that expensive for gloves.  These neoprene gloves from Home Depot work, and they have the diamond cut pattern on the finger tips like screen-used gloves:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Just read the CRL. If you're going for EIB then you are good, if you're shooting for centurion you'll need the chemical gloves or rubber like gloves....those you should be able to find for very cheap and that looks like a wicked deal on those nomex gloves, lots of ppl troop with them

Edited by HawkFan24

Actually until not that long ago using nomex type flight gloves was very common and they wear well. With the advent of latex hand guards being easily obtainable, most people have switched to using the chemical gloves. Personally, why not have two sets? You never know when you need a backup, or for us who can see colder weather I prefer the nomex during those times.

Sure are:

From the CRL: Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured.

No additional requirement for EI, 

It's only at Centurion they are required:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Also, remember that getting an award doesn't mean you have to troop that way all the time.

And as far as hand guards go, is it acceptable if i glue them to an elastic strap I wear around my hand instead of directly to my gloves? It would make for easier replacement of gloves. I am aware of the latex hand guards being glued to the Chem gloves but what about this method?

Yes, if you are using nomex gloves, you're best using plastic hand plates and simply using an elastic strap to hold them to your hand. That's what people have been doing for 10 years+.

If you do the chemical gloves, then blue them on.

Actually until not that long ago using nomex type flight gloves was very common and they wear well. With the advent of latex hand guards being easily obtainable, most people have switched to using the chemical gloves. Personally, why not have two sets? You never know when you need a backup, or for us who can see colder weather I prefer the nomex during those times.

Good to know about nomex gloves during colder weather...

Well, it's a personal preference.  I'm told by some that using silk liners in the chemical gloves makes them OK in colder weather.  And the truth is that nomex (or really nomex-knock off) are OK but suck when they get wet (and cold).  In that case, the rubber gloves may be better...

These are the gloves I got for under $15.  I now have three pair of them.  They are extremely comfortable for an all-day troop.  I have used them in very cold weather (March at a Gwinnett Gladiators game) and in 90+ degrees.  The fingers even work with smartphones.  I attached a pair of Sonne's non-latex handguards and they look great.

I have only worn my rubber chem gloves at two troops.  Used thin cotton liners.  Don't like the feeling, at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J95Z7Q/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

IMO: During long troops (think 3+ hours), your comfort is far more important than perfect accuracy.