TT8s AM Armor Build

• 5 weeks later...

Hell yeah......welcome to the 501st Michael, EIB next my friend. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I survived my FIRST official 501st Troop! It was 5 hours in armor without a break. I enjoyed it and the work involved in the building of the armor paid off! It was a Toys for Tots event at a local mall. I was not alone there was one other TK. We actually were the same height and build so it was perfect. Yesterday I ended up changing the lens to the darker green, better belt for the thighs, mounted my icomm and headset, and polished out some scratches. I have to put some padding in the thighs and shins. I do have my AP helmet on its way so that may help with the helmet rubbing on the chest and be more proportional too.

Now attached are more of the detail shots I submitted for 501st so if anyone has anything they see I could work on let me know for at least EIB.

IMG_00472_zps02aa3230.jpg

IMG_00492_zpse67a4b7d.jpg

IMG_00542_zpsc91928d5.jpg

IMG_00512_zpsa0d4b0ce.jpg

IMG_3476_zpscc10e6d2.jpg

IMG_3474_zpsd03fd5e8.jpg

IMG_3475_zps967958c5.jpg

IMG_3477_zps6337a26e.jpg

IMG_3479_zps0092b2d8.jpg

IMG_3481_zps73f972bf.jpg

IMG_3483_zpsb690df9c.jpg

IMG_3484_zps2bd7783b.jpg

IMG_3486_zpsaa73bd80.jpg

Edited by TriumphTrooper8

Congrats on your first official Troop Michael, hope you had a drink of water on that 5 hour troop, dehydration can creep up on you.

I am now 100% OFFICIAL........TK10114 reporting in!

Sly I ended up not eating or drinking that morning or until later that day. I'm used to working with double and even triple layer clothing (even bubble suits or SCBA masks) in 130 plus degrees in nuclear and fossil power plants so this was a breeze! Now I did suffer a loss.....one sock wore through on the heal.

I do need to get the biceps attached to the shoulder bells on the inside since the strap and hook are not working so well and a new neck seal with more material in the back has been ordered. Had to have someone tuck me in several times!

I do have to say that about 50% of the build was from FISD supporters. Shout out to Sly! Its is addictive and the best part is that no matter what its about having fun even if some jerk blew up your death star! Here are a few pics from that event and yes the chicks dig the uniform!

DSC_17713_zps3a954bbf.jpg

DSC_18033_zps162fd6ae.jpg

10451723_923749660976666_714284970678882

Thanks TT8, you are looking bad@ss as ever, great photos too.

Troop hard my friend.

Well guys I did my first troop with my AM armor and things went well. Besides a shoulder bell malfunction and neck seal it was almost perfect. I met with Matt, TK4108 prior and he had an Authentic Props helmet and a few weeks earlier I had made the decision to replace my AM with a smaller AP. There is a difference between the two that in my case have a small melon and short neck makes it an easy choice to go with the smaller helmet. There is that much of a difference plus AP is a 2 pieces vs. 3 piece AM.

The AP helmet came today. Its trimmed, so besides some minor clean up its ready to go together. My plans so far are:

-Paint the inside black. Can anyone provide the plastic tool paint from Home Depot that is commonly used?

-Correct brow trim (have), neck seal (have), mic tips (coming from UK) and dark eye lens (ordered).

-Helmet fans (ordered)

-Mesh for the frown (have)

-Hand paint the ear bumps, teeth, front/rear/eye traps and tube stripes

-Padding is undetermined even though I have the original style starfish foam

-Chin strap (make)

The AM bucket will be a father/daughter TD Sandtrooper weathering project.

Sorry Michael only just saw this post, and you have already assembled your Bucket, as you have since found, they are fairly straight forward and your ears turned out beautifully . Most impressive.