Got the armor picked need help with accessories

So I decided to go with the authentic props armor but I need help finding the rest. I'm getting the blaster holster and gloves from him but I don't know where to get the black body suit. The neck seal I saw at tk409 which I'll get there but I was also looking for a blaster. SDS has a collectors edition on amazon.uk but it's $300 any suggestions on where to find an alternate for cheaper that looks as good

Hi Evan, great choice in armour, I too went with AP .

The only time you are going to here the words ebay are right now. I got my compression top and tights from ebay at less than $20 each including shipping, check it out there is loads of it on there, just make sure you ask the question is it all black.

Blaster, go to Doopy Doos website and buy a resin E11 kit, you need to build it yourself, but it's loads of fun and passes the time while you wait for your armour

Go onto the projects and ongoing orders section of FISD, you will find your binders there, among, many other things you will need for your build.

Have you decided if you are building to EIB or even Centurion level, or just for basic 501st approval?

Go onto the projects and ongoing orders section of FISD, you will find your binders there, among, many other things you will need for your build.

Have you decided if you are building to EIB or even Centurion level, or just for basic 501st approval?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25165-fs-imperial-binders-handcuffs/

Ā 

Pretty much everything is available on the For Sale threads, including binders, above and even blasters occasionally

Trooperbay.com is another good source.

My undersuit is from Eastbay.Ā  It's called a compression suit and the only logos are hidden by the armor.Ā  I got a separate top and bottom so bathroom breaks would be possible.

What is needed for the different levels? I'm guess centurion is the top so that's what I'd like to shoot for

What is needed for the different levels? I'm guess centurion is the top so that's what I'd like to shoot for

Ā 

You'll probably want to start here:Ā http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Ā 

Once you pick which rendition of the Stormtrooper you plan to build, the different requirements are stacked out per armor piece.

With your AP armour there are a few things you will need to get to make it more accurate, and for higher level approval.

Replace the mice tips, ( see CFO, sskunky here in FISD)some darker lens material, and S trim for the bottom of the helmet (Trooperbay) and inner drop boxes (KWDesigns) also on FISD.

Keep researching as you will find everything you need here.

Ok so I found the lenses I want. The inner drop boxes. Canvas belt. Mic tips. Neck seal. Imperial binders. And boots. Just need the blaster and I think I'm set. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something I heard strapping system but mark at AP said Velcro? And need a set of black compression pant/shirt was looking at eastbay but not sure if some of the logos and what not will show

Edited by Evan T

I use Eastbay stuff, and the logos aren't a problem. Ā Should your logos be visible, just color them in with a Sharpie or the like.

It still more fun to build your own Blaster, but if your time is limited........

My time is very limited I work 45hrs+ a week and have a newborn at home. I would love to build one but don't have time. So would SDS be a good option or is there someone in the FISD that sells assembled accurate blisters?

Ok so I found the lenses I want. The inner drop boxes. Canvas belt. Mic tips. Neck seal. Imperial binders. And boots. Just need the blaster and I think I'm set. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something I heard strapping system but mark at AP said Velcro? And need a set of black compression pant/shirt was looking at eastbay but not sure if some of the logos and what not will show

I would avoid strapping with velcro. Check out some Centurion and EIB submission threads and you will see some very good examples of straps using elastic and snaps. You have a bit of time to consider options before you get to that point.

I would check with Dday on the DVH blaster kits that he is doing a run on.Ā  His prices are listed in the ongoing sale thread.Ā  PM him to see if he will assemble one for you.

Ā 

And Evan, spend some time searching this forum.Ā  Everything that you want to know is located here.Ā  If you want to do the accurate strapping system check with Mr. No Stripes.Ā  His brackets are awesome.Ā  IfĀ  you want to do snap plates and elastic then look at some of the build threads for ideas.Ā  I understand the need to want to get things built and done with quickly due to limited time but this is a very time consuming hobby which I have just recently found out.

Ā 

I researched this forum for a year straight and watched the trooperbay videos over and over again.Ā  I then got my armor and thought I was ready to bang it out.Ā  Then you start building it and many many things lead to having to go back to the computer to watch a video or look at photos or look at a build thread.Ā  Enjoy your time doing this even if it takes a while because of how busy you are.Ā  If I get 1-2 hours a night or every other night to work on my armor I am enjoying every second of it eventhough it is taking me forever.

Ā 

Good Luck

Yeah, Steve is right and not just cause he has a cool name! Check out other builds members have done, especially in the advanced section where members put pics of their strapping methods. Its really a preference method for strapping. I tried the brackets and didn't care for it so went with the snaps method.

Ā 

No matter how long it takes, all the work will be worth it. Especially after you do your first troop event!

Ā 

Best of luck :salute:

As others have mentioned, this hobby typically doesn't happen overnight.

Ā 

I received my 501st approval on Saturday.

Ā 

I began the journey just about a week shy of a year ago now.

Ā 

Research, questions, and taking advice are definitely good ways to get through the wait times more efficiently.

I agree with what Tim has said above. I find buying bits and pieces as you go, keeps the suspense high, and there are always items turning up in the mail.

It's what has helped me get through the anxious period,waiting for my armour to be delivered.

Have fun