AM armor build

Capi'tanc'runch

Hi John, looking good!

Except, you only wanted 4 of the 5 holes on each side of the frown removed per the CRL.  :(

It seems to be a pretty common mistake people are making with our new AM kits.

I read somewhere that if you dry out a baby wipe and glue it across the hole  (like you would saran wrap over a bowl), the resulting membrane would make a good surface to contain the abs/acetone slurry while it's solidifying.  Might be worth a shot.

I'll see if I can find it again.

that's what i'm going to do on the biceps see how it turns out. how are you doing on your build?

I can hear my 501st friend speaking to you now....."cut less than you think you need to. It's easier to trim more than grow more plastic."

How I feel I'm doing is different from how I'm actually doing. I've made a couple of really dumb mistakes, but nothing unfixable. I've completed trimming and sanding on the forearms, thighs, shins, ab plate, and butt plate. Fore arms are curing now. The helmet has been put glued and riveted in place, the black brow piece has been set, and teeth are cutout. I'm working on attaching the ears now, which has led me to discover new ways of using the f-bomb.

I spend half my time frustrated, and the other half amazed I'm doing this at all. Still having a lot of fun working on it, and that's what's important in the end.

I'm working on an AM kit now too.  ALso made the mistake of cutting out the small teeth so if someone has a "recipe" for the slurry, it would be awesome.  Also, my helmet is a little jacked to one side.  I drilled exactly through the dimples in the plastic, but it looks messed up.  Any thoughts?  Redrill new holes on the side with no gap between the eyes and brow?

I can hear my 501st friend speaking to you now....."cut less than you think you need to. It's easier to trim more than grow more plastic."

Hey John. Remember, it's easier to cut it then to grow it. Just had to remind you again. ;)

Hey there John!

Just a couple of things to run by you: Have you been using a photo-hosting site to post them in the build, or just posting them directly here on FISD? If you're just posting them here, you'll run out of room very quickly. If you use a hosting site like photobucket, you'll probably have much better luck.

And, I have to ask; Are you building to EIB/Centurion standards?

Awesome. Looking forward to more pics!

You should at least take a look at the advanced standards to decide if you'd like to go for them. They are easier to build into the armor, than to add on to the armor. ;) Just food for thought.