Is there a Billhag reference/chart compilation somewhere?

I've seen a bunch of his excellent individual reference guides around the forums here, but is there a repository of them all compiled into one place?   Every time I see one of them posted somewhere, it answers all the questions...many I didn't even know I had. ;)

I've been looking to find one, but even Google can't help (querying "site:whitearmor.net") 

And if not a compilation, does Bill have one for the pesky return edge questions?

Many thanks!

I suggested a repository to the admins for Billhag and other similar diagrams a few months ago.

It would certainly be handy for many of us...but maybe too easy for noobs.

You don't earn any "whiskers" by finding everything you need in one place.

Half the fun is in the research...

Until then, I've been copying or using screen shots software any time I find them.

I've been building my own "reference repository" on my hard drive.

It took me almost 13 years to finally get my black belt, so I understand the need to earn your stripes. But, all over the place, accuracy is the stressed goal for our costumes, and while it has become a cheaper/easier to go from newb to trooper, it's a shame to see people have to risk costly mistakes for the sake of repeating everything those who came before us already dealt with. There are always going to be people who take the easy/cheap way out. Time honored and experienced veterans like the ones who already fill this forum aren't really threatened by the impatient ones. Either way, I'll keep researching and measuring twice before I cut. :)

if you don't find it in research, then its best to ask detailed questions.

photos of the parts you're looking at can be used to give detailed trimming

or assembly methods.

some of us feel like this data must be earned. I think it should be as open source as possible.

suddenly in the midst of a question we can add to the site by answering it!

Thanks Vern.  I've spent months researching and thought I was ready to go when the armor arrived.  Turns out I still had/have a lot to learn. :)  

My build thread is likely going to be a long read filled with detailed questions and lots of photos.  I fear being too pedantic and/or giving away too much of the secret sauce, but at the end of the day, I want my armor to turn out to the best of my abilities.  Turns out reading and asking questions is in my wheelhouse.   Let's just hope cutting ABS is in there somewhere too.  :laugh1:

We used to have the concept of a reception center or data bank where we could compile the best of the best tutorials, etc. so you can do a one stop shop. Alas, no work has been done on that project for quite some time.

We used to have the concept of a reception center or data bank where we could compile the best of the best tutorials, etc. so you can do a one stop shop. Alas, no work has been done on that project for quite some time.

We still have such a thing. It has a handful of bill-o-grams in it too. It's the TK information post in the menu on the top of the site.

-Eric

Checking out Billy's photobucket should be a start; -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thank you, Paul, Eric and Mathias (& of course Bill)!  Yay for lots more reading material.

Your tireless efforts to bestow this information on the masses is greatly appreciated.

Mathias, as a "computer guy", I should have thought to backtrack one of the images to the source.  

Thank you, Paul, Eric and Mathias (& of course Bill)!  Yay for lots more reading material.

Your tireless efforts to bestow this information on the masses is greatly appreciated.

Mathias, as a "computer guy", I should have thought to backtrack one of the images to the source.  

Yeah, that's what I did. ;)

Thanks for the link to his photobucket Mathias.  I was trying to use the search function to locate as many of those diagrams and it was very difficult.  For the last week I have just been trying to find them and then save them to my computer.  Bill has so many useful diagrams and info and it makes builds go smoother.  It will also aid in getting many new armor builds to look comparable.  Thanks!

We still have such a thing. It has a handful of bill-o-grams in it too. It's the TK information post in the menu on the top of the site.

-Eric

Bill-o-grams - love the term :) He's phenomenal at making these :duim:

There's some fantastic stuff there. However, we all need to remember that CRL's change and/or we find better ways of doing things, so information doesn't stay accurate forever. That said, I've saved this link for future reference! Thanks Bill!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...