7995 - Legacy femtrooper

My femtrooper kit arrived today, and only two weeks early!! :D Kev sure works fast :D

The mandatory picture, parts on the floor!

P8010120_zpsb0548bde.jpg

And ofcourse, I had to do comparisons to my TM. This armor is so tiny and...yeah, cute ;)

P8010121_zps41a23db4.jpg

P8010122_zps4e67e47a.jpg

But, I have a bad feeling about this!! :shok:

P8010125_zps4f0c2fa1.jpg

Not sure how much I will get done right away, since the wife and I are heading to Edinbourgh on Monday. If I'm lucky I might get some trimming of the chest done, just so she can try it on for size ;)

Time will tell...

Initial trimmin well underway, but have to stop for tonight, since my deaer wife deamnds that I come to the town and drink beer with her... Well okay then ;)

So far only the belt is in need of trimming :D

P8020125_zps46491982.jpg

Kark me!!!

What is the definition of insanity??
Doing the same thing over and over again...

Here is a pile of belt boxes and belt box attachement thingies!

P80201262_zps44ad1c88.jpg

This concludes my initial rough trimmings. Yay me!! :D
Next up...sanding all the parts I just trimmed...

A little extra pic.
Since it actually(despite the fact, that that Kev put up pictures of it) took me some time to figure out, how to trim the large side boxes, I thought I'd share how I trimmed them.

P80201264_zps961216fe.jpg

And as an extra tip. When I build my own TK armor, TM gave me an advice, regarding attaching the end caps to the Thermal Det. at the back.
Carefully heat up the end caps with a heatgun, before sticking the TD tube into them. This way, they will fit on real snug ;)

Edited by Arnie_DK

All initial trimming is done now only adjustment trimming is left.

The thigs have been assembled and the shins are comming along as well. I decided to use Gutter glue instead of E6000 or zap a gap, as I like to be able to make slight adjustments as I go along, and the gutter glue melts the pieces together, for a stronger bond. Although it requires a bit more drying time than zap'ing the parts together. Still faster than E6000 though ;)

P8030126_zps4a3ff43f.jpg

I think this armor will fit her well.

There is a sale thread in the junkyard from KWdesigns which has all of the body measurements for the armor.

How tall is she? I am looking for armor for my daughter who is 5'2". This might be a viable option for her.

So, I'm almost done assembling shins, thighs, biceps and forearms. Just need the glue to cure.
I will be making a test fit on Mette tomorrow, to see if i need to trim anything else, and then its on to strapping...but...
I have a decision to make about the seams on all these parts. Should I go through the trouble of filling, sanding and painting them, or just leave them as is??

What do you guys think?