Scottish Trooper Pep Build

Hi all.

Thought it time to start posting my Trooper pep build. I am using a combination of Fierfek and Dun0bettles pep files to do my pep.

At present i have made Fierfeks trooper helmet and i present the images below for peoples responses... be gentle as i have NEVER done pepakura before and this is my first real go at it.

The helmet was put together using UHU glue as i just couldn’t get the hot glue gun i have to co-operate but i guess that will come with practice.

I'm going to hold off resining the helmet and practice on a easier pep piece that if needed can be rebuilt without alot of cursing lol.

As i'm in UK my resin of choice is to be Jesmonite AC100.

Note Mr potato head is a great reference for me lol

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Thanks for all the good feed back.

Rick all you have to do is just give it a go. After all its just card and if you make a boob ( which I have done a lot ) you can always fix it easy.

Jeff: I hope I can get close to what you have made with your fantastic helmet

Glen: dear god I know it's going to take a loooooooooong time and many many nights of glued fingers

Finished the left lower arm pep last night and I'm hoping to have the rest of the left arm armour done by end of weekend

Completed the left and right lower gauntlets peps. Been slowed down with work and family. Looking at helmet it is the right size (slightly larger than needed) and as such I have found a version of the popular space cowboy helmet pep so I'm gonna build that and decided which helmet to go with.

I remember that size was my biggest worry.  I ordered an AM helmet to see if mine was similar and size and I am happy to say it is a tad smaller than the AM helmet.  Which it should be.  

That's great news. Save me a load of time in re-peping again and again to get right sizes. I actually found an upgraded version on line that I may pep.

There's guides on the net and on youtube for scaling/resizing pep files before you print them out.  You have to use the non-free Pepakura Designer, but you can use it in trial mode without paying, it just restricts you from being able to save any changes you make to the model.

The biggest trick is figuring out what measurement you want to scale to (and then making sure you check to make sure all the unfolded 2D pieces fit within the print region of the paper size you're working with.

Thanks for reply. I have the full unlocked version of pepakura designer so altering is no problem now. In addition I have almost completed both lower area of the arms just have to do the upper bell armour then moving into the chest and back. Will prob use fierfieks files for this as dung0bettles are overly complex and the pep file I have for his rear back armour seems not to be quite right.