Disney Star Wars Half Marathon

TK69581

So who here is going to be at the half marathon next January?

I am really thinking of actually running in my armor, anyone want to join me?

This isn't my first run, I've run multiple marathons, ultra marathons, halves, etc.

I have a question for those 501st vets, when I run should I run in my normal TK boots or can I run in regular shoes?

If it were me I'd only run with the top half armor and then wear white running shorts with tube socks and add a head band to the helmet

I like the headband idea! Maybe a little John Mackenroe (however he spells his name) thing going on! Hahahaha!!!!

• 3 months later...

This thing was sold out before I joined the 501st. My wife runs a few Disney marathons a year and I so wanted to do this even if I had to fast pace walk it. I may be a cheerleader this year, about to submit to Disney for the cheer squad :laugh1:    

I seen a post somewhere where they were looking for cosplayers and anyone with Armor and such to volunteer for the event. Maybe you can do that? I am still working on my costumes but I am doing a Death Star, and C3PO it's hard coming up with something that you can run in but I think I got it. Only I hope running a half marathon in gold pleat her pants isn't as bad as it sounds. I'm a bit sad about the other one though. I ordered what I thought was a ball costume I am painting and it's only the front of the costume. The back is just to hold the front up.

Wow sounds like you have your hands full. Yea I looked into it. The requirements even for even supporters are a bit strindgent. You have to be there before 4:30am and you are required to say until after the last runner which could be around 9am. Not quite sure if I'm up for that...yet...lol

I almost forgot. It's super short notice but Acclaim travel has 3 spots left for the half but they have to have registration turned in early today so it may be too late. It's $305 I believe and comes with the half registration and a one day ticket. I usually go through them when I run in California because I don't have a pass for Disneyland and it's nice to have all that in one package.

Thank's for the info. I think at this point I'm gonna pass only we do have passes and will most likely be there around then anyhow. You'll have to keep me informed as we get closer to the date so if I am down there I can cheer you on :jc_doublethumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I will have my armor done by then :( I was building hard and fast but ran into rivet issues (no one had them in stock) and then belt problems. I have not been able to submit photos to the 501st local GML so I will most likely NOT be running in my armor.

I signed up for the cheer squad. They are keeping registration for that open apparently. I did this once before in my WW2 USMC uniform for the Avenger Half Marathon earlier this year. It's an early day as mentioned before and they want you to maintain the enthusiasm all through the race. They kick you down with a free park hopper though that is good for a year. My TD probably won't be in time so I'll be there in Staff Officer uniform.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home after the most fun weekend ever. We were non stop all weekend. My friend ran just the half and I ran the rebel challenge. We made sure our costumes were running friendly and really seen some cool ideas. I would love to share some of the highlights if I can figure out how from my phone. (Laptop is packed up still) I got my dream purse! A Star Wars Dooney, I imagine you males don't care but I'm still happy about that!

You came all the way out from Missouri, awesome! Speaking of which I was just in Rolla over the holidays.

Sorry I couldn't make to DL to cheer you on, plans changed :(. Looks like you had a great time though. 

Edited by ukswrath