Fuumantroop's AM armor build

It's looking great Andrew!  Hit the toy show with us this Saturday I would love to see it in person.

I am trying to lol. But at the same time i don't want to rush it, and push my luck with my wife trying to work on it every night lol.

Kidney what?

New requirement for Centurion. Basically, you have to cut out the bottom corners of the kidney plate.

Here's a link: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28374-new-eib-requirement-is-no-longer-an-eib-requirement/

Got a couple things done during lunch as i had the house to myself :)

Split the cod from the ab plate, havent trimmed beyond that as i want to see how far up it needs to be and how far down my ab plate needs to be

05BF7DFD-A25B-44B1-B734-752B1502E85E.jpg

Also drew where i think i may need to trim on my neck. Tim how does that look?

EC24283A-7271-4E87-BE49-B7373074A4E8.jpg

Hey Ted did you ever decide to split your ab and cod?

I think I am definitely going to do it. I'm waiting till I get a better feel of where the belt will sit (read: get some of the rigging done). I really like the idea of it attaching to the belt and not the ab for the sake of simpler potty breaks.

Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for my armor, I've got my kids this week, so I probably won't be making any progress till next week. The best part is, both kids want to be TK's. :)

Edited by zeroskillz
  • Like 1

Hey Andrew I just caught up with most of your build in this sitting and you have done a great job so far. If I could make any suggestion it would be to shorten your chest plate a little. To me it looks like it hangs down too far over the ab plate.

I laughed when you were talking about going up stairs. I just attempted to go up stairs lastnight in my armor and it is so friggin difficult! I wish my thighs fit better too. I am going to leave them for the time being but like you, I am still considering trimming the tops of my thighs

And I know you asked Tim about the trim line there but I would start with that and then see how it looks. Better to trim not enough then too much!

Hey Andrew I just caught up with most of your build in this sitting and you have done a great job so far. If I could make any suggestion it would be to shorten your chest plate a little. To me it looks like it hangs down too far over the ab plate.

I laughed when you were talking about going up stairs. I just attempted to go up stairs lastnight in my armor and it is so friggin difficult! I wish my thighs fit better too. I am going to leave them for the time being but like you, I am still considering trimming the tops of my thighs

And I know you asked Tim about the trim line there but I would start with that and then see how it looks. Better to trim not enough then too much!

Thanks Steve! I did end up trimming that exact neckline and it worked out perfectly in my opinion. I will try to get pictures uploaded tomorrow. I trimmed a little under 5/8" off my butt plate, and some off the sides as well. I then sanded down my newly separated COD and took off about 1/2". Just got done making some extra snap plates, and now i am pooped lol. Hopefully tomorrow i will have the chest and the back strapped to the rest of my armor, and see how its looking from there. I will also glue my snap plates on my cod and lower abdomen to get that ball rolling as well. Everything is now coming together even better than I had expected! Still have yet to cut the sides of the chest any more, but I want to see how everything comes together after my adjustments are in place. I did also mark about 1/2" off the highest parts of the thighs, but have not made and trimming yet.

I would like to now thank Terry, aka Pandatrooper, for his efforts in making AM armor slightly more accurate. I found myself following his build almost to the T, but minus the return edges. Maybe one day I will venture down that road, but not until after everything is fitted exactly how I want it to.

Edited by fuumantroop

Here are a few pics of tonights progress, i forgot to snap a pic of my chest plate trimming, ill try to get that taken before bed if I can manage go sneak off for a sec.

Gluing snap plates for my newly split COD

EF56BBF2-2F3B-40F7-9EB2-30904867D54E.jpg

ALSO gluing the others on the cod(its like a TK man thong!)...might go ahead and trim those sides off it as well LOL. And in the background is my trimmed butt plate with snap plates being reglued into position

D86CD3C9-83DF-47C7-A9D5-AF9DC92154CC.jpg

And here is my approximation of how much i need to trim the tops of my thighs

CCCE5556-496B-4124-99B2-56FF77849B28.jpg

Interesting...ahh..I'll be happy as hell to just be a member :)

Denton County? Is that associated with the town of Denton? If so, I'll be a distant neighbor in about six days or so, Ted.

Take a look at the EIB and Centurion requirements. They can seem completely daunting in some regards, but the truth is that if you build them towards those goals from the beginning, they're really not that much extra work but your armor will look that much better for having done them!

• Like 1

Sounds like you're on point with your trimming Andrew.

As Steve said (just like I said earlier, LoL) you can always trim some more, but you can't trim stuff back on.

Don't cut your thighs yet. Wait until the rest of your armor is fully assembled and strapped before you do that. ;)

Looking good. Won't be long now.

• Like 1

Denton County? Is that associated with the town of Denton? If so, I'll be a distant neighbor in about six days or so, Ted.Take a look at the EIB and Centurion requirements. They can seem completely daunting in some regards, but the truth is that if you build them towards those goals from the beginning, they're really not that much extra work but your armor will look that much better for having done them!

I'm as far east as you can get in Denton county--I'm in Frisco, north of Dallas. Where are you moving to?

Yeah, I've been using the centurion/EIB submissions as reference, and didn't rivet my knee plate for that reason. I may do EIB, but I'm not sure about some of the centurion stuff. Maybe on my next suit. :)

Your suit is coming together great Andrew. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is going to cut my thighs down a bit.

Edited by zeroskillz

Sir yes sir. I really gotta start working on my belt too. The armors looking a little naked without it

Take the extra time to figure out the bend in the plastic before you attach it to the fabric and use about four snaps (two stacked vertically at each end) to secure it to your ab plate. It will make things much easier when you are trooping ;)

Where are you moving to?

I may do EIB, but I'm not sure about some of the centurion stuff. Maybe on my next suit. :)

Moving to the Keller area.

Centurion isn't that much more work, brother... Take a look and give it some thought. :D

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 1

Thanks again guys!  Well I did take more pics of a tiny bit of progress, and then my iphone decided to shut off......now its charging, but won't come on past the apple screen, shuts back off, then repeats.  It looks like I will have to take a tiny bit off of the top of the thighs, trim some of the back of my sniper knee plate down, and definitely shorten my ab to chest straps.  I may even have to make a shorter chest to back strap as well, but we will see after I shorten my chest straps. 

It really irks me that I can't upload the photos I had taken, my back plate sits almost perfectly on top of my kidney plate now!  Looks like I will need more trimming on my butt plate as well, along with possibly adding more snaps to the far sides of it. 

These are much easier to see with pictures I know, but I thought I would at least update on my progress so far. 

ALSO I am gluing my bicep strap inside my shoulder bells.

Gotta shorten my chest and back straps for sure. Gotta make a shorter strap for my ab to kidney strap. At least the bottom one. May bring in the sides with a heat gun as well

Edited by fuumantroop

C397AF58-0D95-42CB-B82F-FCF735D2E4C3.jpg

963D8990-06DC-45CE-A366-7F3AD8A05D8D.jpg

09A6FF42-565C-42A2-85F5-B18D793232E8.jpg

How can i get this sniper knee to not get caught in my thigh? May trim a small bit off the insode of my shins at the bottom. Overall suggestions?

Gotta shorten my chest and back straps for sure. Gotta make a shorter strap for my ab to kidney strap. At least the bottom one. May bring in the sides with a heat gun as well

i agree with the heat gun. Its definitely out too much on your side. Should grab your chest and lats more.

great job though!

keep up the good work!

• Like 1

If I trimmed my thighs down anymore, my only worry would be that I would struggle even more getting them over my size 12 foot lol. As it is, it's already a yoga like posture to put them on, skinny guy or not :)

On top of that, my thighs are pretty big.

Edited by fuumantroop

i agree with the heat gun. Its definitely out too much on your side. Should grab your chest and lats more.

great job though!

keep up the good work!

Thanks! I'll have a pic up of my updated straps later tonight hopefully. About to sit down with the family and watch Transformers Age of Extinction finally.

Well my phone is not cooperating with me, so pictures are limited until i get a new one on tuesday. Right after uploading this picture to photobucket my phone died and kept power cycling. Won't hold a charge off the charger, and i dont have any extension cords handy :/

So question time, which AB buttons shall i use or is recommended?

A4868AF4-9E32-4E98-A4EC-FDAD24E349F9.jpg