Jes Gistang [KWDesigns] build thread

Just getting ready. The brown box from KWDesigns should be arriving in August.

I have a boot order placed with Giovanni - crow62. I also ordered the boot that the

girls from SDCC are wearing.  I've got my E6000, white -n- black elastic, and nylon

ready.  I don't have snaps yet; not sure I will use them or my extra paper fasteners, but

if I do, they'll get painted white. I already have the black gloves, neck seal, black

undersuit, E11, and a TK helmet. I'm checking on the DLT-19, but it needs to wait a bit.

TK 9496

Thanks for the encouragement!

I have a set coming for my wife as well.  I saw the boots from the UK.  What does Giovanni offer?  Does he offer a white-soled Chelsea styled boot?

It'll be great to see these suits in action!

Exciting stuff!  Congrats to you and to Mrs Dan. :)

I ordered both Giovanni and these ~ like KWDesigns has posted:

Here is a link to the boots...

Giovanni has these [see post #218] : http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/15279-jes-gistang-research-thread/page-11

I was IM-ing back and forth with Giovanni and we also have some posts on the research thread above, too... but G has an extra strap that is horizontal ?(goes from inner ankle to outer ankle) that he said he will REMOVE. I asked to have the sole and heel made a 1/2 inch taller. He said he is working on adding a 1/2 inch to the heel for his regular Jes Gistang boot.  I don't know how long it will take for his boot.

Thankyah, fellow troopers!

I got THE BOX yesterday after working a 12 hour shift KNOWING THE BOX ARRIVED!!!  Last night I took pictures, loaded the pics to photobuckt,

and then got all ticked that my dang laptop was giving me fits, so I was not able to get these pics on here until I went to work and used their super band

width or whatever it's called.  :) I've got lots of the little abs boxes here at work and will start trimming then after 4pm... when certain bosses leave! haa haaa

A small box, but then again, it's not exactly designed for dudes!

DSC_0516_zps55b3b6f3.jpg

Did you see that Kevin labelled me not "07" but "DOUBLE OH SEVEN!"

[Kitty Vlad is investigating closely]

DSC_0515_zps3c38eaab.jpg

Hubby has a awesome new t-shirt, unless I steal it.

DSC_0517_zps70f1257f.jpg

The packing skills of KW are amazing!

DSC_0518_zpsc5cce4a8.jpg

There's a whole sheet of ABS - it makes a fun sound when you play with it.

DSC_0519_zpscdd69a57.jpg

FOH.SHOH   It's signed :)

DSC_0521_zps7c4d15f6.jpg

It's the chest piece that's signed... hmmmmm... haaa haaa - Nice sense of humor! :)

DSC_0522_zps0369eef6.jpg

DSC_0523_zps75011a53.jpg?t=1406652010

DSC_0524_zps911d3a3c.jpg

There are labels inside the armor, which will help. There's "front" "back" - "A" and "B" ... "Left" and "Right" so I should be okay.

That mess load of boxes has me a bit confused, but I will get my Gentle Giant Jes Gistang out, and pour over the pics on the

forum and get it all figured out.

Thanks for taking a look at my newest WIP. I also have a ROTJ Vader WIP going on, but he's at a stand still while I wait on

getting on a list to wait for the next run for the chestbox and cape.  The helmet is ordered, along with the leather / gloves.

That's a whole other story, so I will get back on track on have something to show y'all after the weekend. Jen-Jen over and out!

Edited by jnnfr72
  • Like 1

Hey Jim! YEP.  Definitely planning on taking the armor to GenCon. :)

Congrats on your armor Abbie! Have a fun build. Hope we get to wear our armor at GenCon together!

I've been cutting and sanding today. I hope to try on and [blue painter] tape up tomorrow and start gluing.

post-14242-0-56523900-1406949924_thumb.jpg

post-14242-0-70897500-1406949952_thumb.jpg

post-14242-0-46728900-1406949970_thumb.jpg

post-14242-0-13922500-1406949990_thumb.jpg

post-14242-0-04284400-1406950024_thumb.jpg

post-14242-0-72205200-1406950040_thumb.jpg

I will post my questions on Kev's research thread.

I'm not sure I cut enough on the chest / back pieces.

I hope I didn't cut too much. It can all be fixed - either way. :)

post-14242-0-20496700-1406950645_thumb.jpg

I had the same doubts as you, regarding the chest/back piece, but after looking at Kev's pics of "his girsl" wearing this, I decided that it is the intention that you should cut off the excess shoulder bits, after the indentions he made up there :)

Did some cutting and sanding. I am not sure how I want to connect these big belt boxes.

DSC_0016_zps6fc04fc8.jpg

Is the gap the correct way, or should there be no gap?

***I just noticed I taped that piece wrong - but I was going for the FLUSHED look as opposed to the gap look. ***

DSC_0017_zps775fe573.jpg

Thanks for any feedback! :D

Edited by jnnfr72