SE-14R Greeblies

Nagedzi

I just picked up a beautiful Shawn Morgan cast of an SE-14R and am currently getting it ready for use. I have to say his rendition of this blaster is VERY clean and worth the price, in my opinion....

With that said, I've heard some people ask about a greebly on the left side of the blaster that is readily apparent in the frontal picture of the promotional Hero stormtrooper. Does anyone know what this could be, or more specifically, what it would be made from?

MbVpP1L.jpg

Perusing through The Prop Den on Facebook, I managed to find another angle of the blaster showing part of the left hand side. In addition to the upper greebly bit, there appears to be another squared off addition to the magazine receiver. Any thoughts?

6eek3nw.jpg

BTW, thanks to The Prop Den for providing higher-res versions than what I had! 

In looking at the top picture, does anyone think it may be a bundle of wires. Not too dissimilar from the wires for the E-11 Hengstler?

I hate to ramble on in my own post, but I was just looking at the lefthand side of the resin blaster and it IS pretty plain so I could totally understand why they would want to enhance it a bit.

Edited by Nagedzi

• 1 month later...

Very interesting find. Shame we don't have a lot of reference of this. I do love the SE-14R and the idea that we are still finding things to tweak is fun. Also I find it interesting it is holstered backwards like some sort of cavalry pistol.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Dr. Evazan SE-14C blaster (on Ponda Baba's severed arm) from the cantina scene was the same specific base for the SE-14r used in these hero shots? The reason I ask is that this shot clearly shows the green and red wires on the left hand side of the gun. Obviously Dr. Evazan's was outfitted with dual scopes, but perhaps this shows the original configuration of the wires?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I probably wasn't clear, I guess. I know both the SE-14C and the SE-14r are based off the Rexim. I was wondering if they used the exact same Rexim (likely rented from Baptys) for the cantina scene as they did for the promo shots? Most shots of the SE-14C show it with two scopes and, of course the SE-14r has only one. Do you think the green and red wires remained on the blaster from the cantina scene until the time they did the promo shots (if they were shot in that order) or did they dress the Rexim(s) at two separate times? Going back to the start of the thread, I'm trying to determine what the greeblies were on the SE-14r and if any of them were holdovers from Dr Evazan/Ponda Baba.