stormtroopers in ep VII.

TKedt

i think JJ should use members of the 501st to play stormtropers in order to pay tribute of what kept starwars alive all this years. Also, to keep congruency w ANH. Troopers had different size and builts. 501st troopers are legit they dont need to act.

That would be nice if he did choose to use the 501st.  However, if they did,  it would likely fall to the guys in the UK Garrison.  I don't see them paying for a bunch of US stormtroopers to fly across the pond. :(

We can always dream.

The only problem with getting the 501st for stormtroopers is that we all have different armors from different makers, so the color will be off, the armor will look different unless they only hire people with armor from a certain maker. 

The next thing all the people playing all have to be around the same height, and weight as the movie feels is neccesary fro a Stormtrooper which will be 5'10 - 6' and weighing aorund 160-200 pounds. The next thing is this movie is after ROTJ, So they would

most likely only want ROTJ troopers, and we don't have very many of those, there wouldn't be mixing in with other movie variations. Another problem is this movie takes place 30 years after ROTJ so I'm pretty sure they won't look like they did 30 years ago at all theres gonna be some big changes in the look. But that all does not matter, as Kevin Smith has confirmed that real stormtroopers are already on set so there won't be CGI troopers! We will see real stormtroopers in the movie just not the exact same way they were. :)

pretty sure those "real stormtroopers" are not as devoted as us

Neither were the original Stormtroopers. They were actors, extras and stuntmen. They were paid. I would never say no to getting a part in the movie, but I am just fine with not destroying my own armor to take the falls those troopers are sure to take. As Cristian pointed out, there are way too many variables for them to use 501st. I am happy to do what we do and let them do what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure we'll all be working overtime at pre-release events to promote the films anyway. There will be many many calls from Mary Franklin for us to all suit up and support the release of the new films. 

To me I'd rather be out with the public watching the films than be up on the screen any day. Being the tangible part of the movies is a huge reason why I do this.

Point taken, but it would be sweet to point at the screen and say.."That's me...right there!" In a Star Wars film!

-(Maybe that's just the kid in me talking.)

The artist who drew that image--Tom Hodges--says:
1. I won't reveal how I saw the Helmet 2. It was a PHYSICAL helmet, NOT CGI 3. I will do a new version later

Take it for what it's worth....

Have you guys seen these yet?  They are rumored to be the Episode VII stormtrooper helmets.  If they aren't, someone put a lot of work into them.  They are pretty darn cool.

4c4ec7c7f51f4c618a931dd9913c2d18_zps6f8f6ec1c262a4d362d0272a105f1fc7fced_zpsacbf

a19307654212d38a8d4e8f310c7d5aa3_zps5d52

Edited by TK8776 jgarrettg

Mmmh..it's too much of a sci-fi motorcycle helmet and too little of the typically stormtrooper lineage. Changes are ok for over 30 years...but this is too much in a strange direction.

Call me a fan of the old shool 'original' stormtrooper helmet(it's still always a bad an impolite person ^_^:D  ) and maybe I'm a nagger...I can live with it. But it lacks something for me....