E11 Orange Tip?

I built a DoopyDoos E11 a little while back and before I go out trooping, I was wondering if my blaster has to have an orange tip or not? I've seen people trooping at cons and stuff without orange tips, so I don't really know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

My understanding is that it depends on the event. I have seen both as well. Now, admittedy I'm not an official member yet. But from what I've seen and read it depends on the event. Some events will call for Blasters holstered or off premises altogether. Otherwise they may require tape at times.

As mentioned above, it depends on the event. Some events have a weapons check area where they will look over your blaster and put a peice of orange tape on the end deeming it safe. A good rule of thumb is If you are walking around with a blaster then I would suggest ensuring that your blaster has an orange tip or orange tape of some sorts. If you are going to be just in a photobooth, then it should be okay to not have an orange tip on your blaster. Personally, I have never been harassed when I have followed this....hope this helps :)

Edited by HawkFan24

Also depends on your local gun laws. Some places even a replica gun is considered a violation. So local laws apply as well as any event specific rules.

Also depends on your local gun laws. Some places even a replica gun is considered a violation. So local laws apply as well as any event specific rules.

Yes...always check first with local gun laws

Most cons will check the weapons and apply a colored zip tie or colored wristband on the blaster that needs to be on there for the entire event. i would not suggest putting one on yourself for a con since you do not know how they will identify a blaster that has been checked.

Correct. I don't have any on mine and have not been called out on them, but I wonder the way things are going if it will be worth it having a small cap one can temporarily afix.

• 2 weeks later...

I use an orange ear plug. The kind you roll in your fingers before inserting in your ear, then it expands. Similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Foam-Plugs-Without-Cord-Orange/dp/B0028M8V04/ref=sr_1_117?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1406684742&sr=1-117&keywords=orange+ear+plugs

I picked up a few from work. You don't have to glue it in place, which I like, and it can be easily removed and replaced.

The con/event will most likely want to check your weapon anyway.

• Like 1

I use an orange ear plug. The kind you roll in your fingers before inserting in your ear, then it expands. Similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Foam-Plugs-Without-Cord-Orange/dp/B0028M8V04/ref=sr_1_117?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1406684742&sr=1-117&keywords=orange+ear+plugs

I picked up a few from work. You don't have to glue it in place, which I like, and it can be easily removed and replaced.

I like this idea, I am going to add them to the box that I take on troops.

This is an ingenious idea. I'm field-testing it today with mine. Thanks!

• 2 years later...