events outside and sweat

TKedt

so. In the SW universe the body glove protects troopers from environments and seals their body to a self regulated temperature. However, in the real world heat is an issue and our bodies react to it. how can we control sweat and better smell. Yeah, that body glove makes u sweat and retains it.

First, I wear deodorant and keep some in my bin for those especially hot troops.  I wash my under suit, neck seal, glove liners,(because I wear the rubber gloves), and balaclava after every troop just so things don't get too smelly. I have fans set up in my helmet to cut down on the sweating there.  I have seen cooling vests that are supposed to keep your core at a constant temperature, but they can be a bit expensive, not to mention a little bulky.  Anyway, that's what I do.

All of the tips that Brian gave are perfect.

I've heard things about the body cooling vest, but haven't heard anything good about them as once their cooling is done, they act as a heater. Since we're generally outside longer then the vest cools, it is more pain than it's worth.

As for the body suit, get a 2 piece pants/shirt in the very thin stretchy material like for people wear under sports uniforms, they cool you and helm maintain a constant temperature vs some other materials that just heat you up and don't let your skin breath.

Posted Today, 12:20 PM

i just dont want to be the smelly trooper.

I understand.  No one wants that, but if you follow the advice given here, you should have no problems.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I wear an underarmor T-shirt under the black suit.  It adds that extra bit of fabric to get the sweat instead of going straight to the undersuit.

I know on hot days you really don't want layers but it isn't that much.

I have used an ice vest before, really helps keep you cool, I also have removable foam in my helmet and armor so I can wash it. Always give your armor a good wipe down with a cleaner after a troop and wash all the soft parts ;)

Does the regular laundry cycle not work for you?  It's what I do with my underarmor.  Or, do you mean between washings?  Febreeze is a fav at cons...

For me, there is the natural wash after every troop and I use this http://www.downy.com/en-US/product/unstopables-fresh.jspx , I put a little more than what they say. It helps control the "bad smell" during a troop. Especially with the neck seal. IMO, it's what smells the worst, it comes straight up you nose lol. 

Eric

Edited by Tolo