"Best"/"worst" kind of E-11?

I'm gonna need an E-11 at some point and considering the Hasbro doesn't cut the mustard for higher stuff, should I be looking for a foam/rubber or a PVC or a resin DIY kit? Or should I just convert the well-used toy one from my youth because who cares about awards and it'd be kind of my relic? Just wondering if anyone had any horror stories or praises to sing

I don't know if you've already looked, but try PMing Ronime - THG Props. He sells completed E-11s and told me he's currently creating a new batch. You could also try looking for a DLT-20A It's larger but I actually got one for relatively cheap (and it's metal to boot)- however you'll probably have to do some searching to find one.

His thread

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24500-thg-props-v3-rubber-anh-e-11-blasters/

Edited by Briks

Just look at all the build threads and you'll see the countless builds of Resin Doopy kits, DVH, pipe builds, scratch built, real conversions, THG, pre built RS, etc. As you say, you must have a better E-11 for Centurion, but most of it is the joy of building, the thrill of completing a project, seeing it come together and seeing the final result. Me - I did a slap together Hasbro, for basic approval and trooping and now, I've nearly get everything together for a better, more rewarding build.

Yup sure did! I went with the Hasbro mainly because I wanted something the kids can enjoy while i am trooping. I will be in the market for a pipe build kit at some point for accuracy though.

The process of building my hasbro conversion gave me full confidence in a future build, and it was a blast to make it! On top of that, whenever I do decide to go along with the pipe build, I already have the needed materials/tools to do so.

Whatever you decide, I highly recommend building one. There are so many threads available that will guide you, it is really easier than you may think it would be.

I saw that the rubber ones were out of my range for now, so I've decided to dig out my legitimately weathered old friend. Too bad I have to paint it black, right now I know it looks like sandtrooper armor weathering lol. Hope the batteries haven't corroded the poor thing too much to function or I'm gonna have to go to Disneyland specifically for a new one. Thanks guys!

Edited by charlesnarles

Do the conversion for basic approval, if you plan on trooping alot. Pick up a Hyperfirm, yes they cost a bit more. But it will save you in the long run. But if you are going for Centurion on the first try, get the full resin kit from Doopy's or another maker.

When you do your pipe build or full resin, don't forget to contact gazmosis for one of his accurate resin magazines, they are an awesome finishing touch for more realism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is some visual aid for you.

Top to bottom:

Hasbro/Doopy mod

Jedirobe/Stormtrooper costumes

SDS

Doopydoo full resin kit (With original scope)

P40300015.jpg

P40300026.jpg

Edited by Arnie_DK

I have a full doopy that sits on my shelf. I troop with my hasbro because I don't care what happens to it and it makes really cool noises for the kids.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built my Hasbro first just to get the experience. I've never built anything like it before and wanted to make sure I could do it. Now that its finished I have some confidence to help build the rest of my armor. Once I finish my helmet I'll probably build a full resin kit just to give me more practice and also to give me something to work on while I wait for my armor to arrive.

It is compatible with the hasbro, although you will need to cut a little bit out of the conversion kits magazine slot. But its an easy mod

The Gazmosis cast mag is awesome and as close as you will get to having the real McCoy . Yes you will need to cut a bit off the length, yes you will need to Dremel with great caution the inside of the magazine receiver but it is 1000% worth it for the end result. The best upgrade I did to my full resin Doopy, Gaz if you are out there, I'm still loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk