My First Build

Dougal

Well, here goes nothing!!! Might be starting this a tad early being I won't even be on a waiting list for my armor until early 2015. With that said, I have ordered two E-11 resin kits from Doopydoos so I can start on my blaster and take my time to insure I get the most out of my kit. Thank you DM101 for a great build thread that I will be using as a guide. I have looked at others, just have found this build to be very precise. Any suggestions on other builds will be encouraged and welcomed. My boots are ordered. Will post pics in a couple days when the boots and kits arrive. I also just ordered my neck seal and holster from Darman. Will post pics of them and post them also. Thank you Bobby and your awesome wife. So far, everyone I have worked with has been awesome with responding to any and all questions or comments I send to them. Even the company's not directly involved with the 501st, i.e. Doopydoos and TKBoots. I am overwhelmed with how fast this is going and upset with myself for saving the money first and then getting involved. I should have gotten involved first, saved and purchased as I squired and researched, and by now I would be a member. Either way, thank you again to everyone I have worked with so far. Whitearmor.com makes it way to easy on us newbie cadets!!! (Not complaining at all!!!!!)

Edited by Dougal

Carl, the journey is a blast so far. For me, at least.

Truly great people within the Legion, and specifically here within the FISD!

DM101s build is definitely a must read. I'd also advise OsoTheBear, SIMpixel, And SorenM as builds that should be read for Doopydoo E-11 kit references.

Dark CMF do not be so modest!! Your build should have been attached to that list of reference builds. So I took the liberty of adding it. Like you, I will have multiple tabs open during the build process. Thank you very much for your kind words and insight! (Watching the movies again made me realize how much I loved when Han and Luke were in uniform!! I believe I have every figure Hasbro made of those two. So that is why I chose ANH Hero.) Thank you again bud, it is troopers like yourself that make this such a great online community!!

Racasey06, here are a couple -

DM101's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19872-dm101-doopys-e11-blaster-build/page-6

Dark CMF's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26179-a-small-slightly-beat-up-brown-box-arrived-recently-doopydoos-full-resin-anh-e-11-build/

SorenM's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24823-another-doopy-doos-e-11-pimped-build/

OsotheBear's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18850-doopydoos-complete-resin-kit-e-11-blaster/

SIMPixel's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21433-simpixels-e-11-doopy-build/

T-Jay's -- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26673-full-resin-e-11-from-doopydoos-with-some-modifications/

Enjoy the read!!!! I certainly am! Thank you guys for showing us newbies your awesome builds!!!!

Edited by Dougal

LoL...  Thank you, Carl.  I appreciate being included with that group.  I'm just not much of a "toot your own horn" kinda guy. 

I'm still a newbie myself in many regards.  I referenced those builds while working on mine, so I'm not sure how much new stuff there is to see in mine, besides the counter button :D

I debated long and hard between the Hero and the Stunt.  Both have incredibly strong arguments for choosing them.  The Stunt is the first one you see.  Period...  That moment that they burst onto the Tantive IV is burned into my brain forever.  The Hero...  It is what the film-makers WANTED them to be all along.  That's why they were used for the close-ups.  In the end, you'll notice that my build thread acknowledges that I'm building both.  I will be submitting the hero for my initial Legion approval though.

Looking forward to seeing your build. If you decide to put a counter on your blaster, I highly recommend SIMPixels counter graphic if you choose to go just a graphic route!

Good luck and have fun!

My first little brown box arrived!!! I felt like a kid a Christmas!!!!! I was hoping to see my Doopydoos kits today but, no luck.

Boots were on the tight side based on the width but I was actually prepared for that to be a possible issue. I might go to a 14 if I order another pair. Customer service, packing quality, turn around time were all top notch. Thank you Totally Killer boots!!

post-21189-0-44442200-1406100082_thumb.jpg

post-21189-0-80710400-1406100103_thumb.jpg

post-21189-0-35175600-1406100128_thumb.jpg

post-21189-0-79849700-1406100145_thumb.jpg

post-21189-0-53649700-1406100160_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your build. If you decide to put a counter on your blaster, I highly recommend SIMPixels counter graphic if you choose to go just a graphic route!

Good luck and have fun!

Because I am doing ANH Hero I am contemplating not even using the counter. Any thoughts troopers? Or possibly using magnets so I can make it an optional mod.

Having issues posting pics. I tried using photo bucket but must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Fixed, so here's more pics!!

Barrel end-

VpJakSy.jpg

Grip bad mold repair-

3n8KPxl.jpg

Drilled out barrel-

leS7ce3.jpg

My trigger mod-

wiBSJHw.jpg

Or just go here for all the pictures taken during my build!

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Byron_Carlos_Klinger/library/E-11%20Blaster%20Build

For posting pictures from photobucket, I've been following the guide posted by dashrazor (Mason) found here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/10747-howto-post-images-on-forums-tutorial/

Basically you want to copy the "Direct Link" from the Photobucket page for your image, and then you want to paste that in the dialog that pops up when you click the "image button" in the editor (11th from the left on the bottom row).

Found out the hard way though, if you move the image into a folder on the photobucket side it will no longer show in the post where you use it, so make sure that the photo is organized how you want it before copying the direct link.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm on hold with the blaster for a week or so. Actually only need 3 parts that I am ordering and then to paint it. The parts are -

1. power cylinder from PlayfulWolFCub. (These belong on every blaster build. Just saying...)

2. a scope rail. Evilboy makes a real nice All-in-One scope rail/counter bracket that I am thinking of going with.

3. a folding stock (I really am not happy with how mine turned out. Plus, I just love the idea of a working folding stock.)

Pictures of the build will be updated ASAP. Just have to make sure my shields are at full power first!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dougal

• 3 months later...

First off can this be moved to the ANH e-11 build threads. I mistakenly started this in the wrong area when I began my blaster build.

Next, I need some input. Just received my EvilBoy one-piece scope rail. Thank you Jonathan. I believe I installed the counter correctly but would like some expert input from you folks at the FISD. Thank you in advance!!!!

dxnE7zj.jpg

Also a question for Steve/Gazmosis how did you attach the front of your real folding stock? Better yet wow... That took forever to make that front lip just enough to grab. I think I have it working now. Thank you for your previous build thread!!!

Edited by Dougal