We're official

Daetrin

Just got an email from Rome this morning stating that as of today we are an official detachment of the 501st Legion. Go team!

Just remember folks that we are still on probation for six months, meaning that there can be no creation or selling of merchandise during this time.

Kudos to Rome for guiding us through this process and the admin & command staff for keeping the detachment running.

And special thanks of course to stormtroopers everywhere for keeping the dream alive - this detachment is for you. :)

Indeed, congratulations to everyone! Even though I had witnessed the creation and building of this Detachment from the beginning, the final decision wasn't just up to me, but to the entire Legion Council. There were many concerns about how the Detachment was shaping up, and even beyond the Council, FISD will face challenges both from the cynical and the pessimistic.

But keep it together the way you have, be professional and courteous, provide succinct and clear information, and continue to help each other build the best Stormtrooper costume possible, and you will sway even the most skeptical.

Congratulations, team!

Hooray! This is a long time coming, and will serve our new recruits & old troopers well! As for the naysayers; "If only this had been around when I did my stormtrooper" is what they'll say once they see the horde of info that has been collecting here! Yeah! B)

Personally I'd like to know the comments from the "no" voters. There's nothing I can do about sour grapes or - as I've seen posted - sadness as the 501st moves from a mostly stormtrooper-centric costuming club to a broader and more inclusive imperial costuming club, but if there are changes we can make, then it's worthwhile hearing them. I don't think any of us have egos so big that we're not open to - if not actively seeking - feedback or new ideas.

Sweet! :lol:

Congrats to everyone involved and a special thanks to the FISD command staff for your hard work in making this detachment happen.

I know that we will all benefit from the knowlege that can be shared here. I too would have loved this site when I was putting my armor together.

Just got an email from Rome this morning stating that as of today we are an official detachment of the 501st Legion. Go team!

Just remember folks that we are still on probation for six months, meaning that there can be no creation or selling of merchandise during this time.

Kudos to Rome for guiding us through this process and the admin & command staff for keeping the detachment running.

And special thanks of course to stormtroopers everywhere for keeping the dream alive - this detachment is for you. :)

A belated "congratulations" to all of you who took part in bringing this detachment on-line and making it a reality!

T :trooper: