Feel Free to rag on the newbie...

dmjuel

Just purchased this fiberglass set for $380.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251582194296?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

After recieving it I decided to check on assembly instructions only to come across FISD and discover that I was more than likely had. The fiberglass looks ok but does not look like it will fit together easily...the helmet smells...bad. After researching FISD it is clear that I have made a critical error, one does not simply "buy" storm trooper armor. Should I try to work with this armor? Or should I return it and take the hit on the shipping costs. Or do I truly delve into the darkside and re-list it?...(just kidding I couldn't do that to another human) please advise. That being said I also just won this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191239510544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seems a little more on the legit side but I will leave that to you the experts. Lay it on me. My wife considers your verbal abuse fitting retribution for my ebay exploits.

Hey David....have to agree with Eric. One thing they stress here is stay away from eBay armor...sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Edited by Slangen

Interestingly enough looks like the return may go off without a hitch "dear sir, i am extremely sorry about the problem, would it be okay if i can issued a 30% discount on the item price if you can keep the item. if not i can email you a return shipping label to ship it back to us for a full refund please let me know thank you and once again i am very very sorry" English isn't all there but at least they seem willing to work with me.

Good to see that, David.

As others have pointed out, the E-11 is a pretty good deal, honestly. For the price, you could buy, ship, and just about build the blaster to the same level of modification described in the auction. Very good find there!

Keep your head up. ;) It won't take you longer than a half hour to find similar stories here within FISD that end with people becoming rather awesome looking TKs, to include some of the EIB/Centurion folks.

You've taken the proper steps to get it done right, and thankfully you realized that you should probably seek a correction before it was too late.

Good luck with everything, we'll definitely be watching and waiting to help you out along the way on your journey!

A Lay it on me. My wife considers your verbal abuse fitting retribution for my ebay exploits.

At least you can see the lighter side of it all. 

Great blaster, but start fresh with your armor purchase.

And welcome to this wonderful world of the FISD!

Edited by Sith Lord

Hey dave!!! I did the same mistake. I spend a whole year trying to build it and it was hard. Glue did not work and smelled like a meth lab. I took that armor to a comicon and Got awesome responses. However, when it came time to try to apply for the legion It was clear that the armor fell short and wouldnt stand the abuse of trooping. Needless to say I had to invest in a "real kit" and not in a holloween costume. I kept the armor and now is in a mannequin in my manacave (looks good though).  As the other guys say, to join the legion its almos impossible to "cut corners". I was so excited when I first got my fiber glass kit because it looked out of the movie.

Congrats on winning 2 eBay auctions!  I've never been able to win anything on there.  With regards to your purchases, well the blaster looks good. Keep that one for sure.  The armor on the other hand doesn't look that great.

It is really good that they are willing to work with you to return it.  I've seen guys on here trying to return stuff, only to be ignored. 

Definitely check out the armor makers on this site when you have a chance.  There are some REALLY GOOD sets available.

Good luck!

Sounds like the return is the best option. I almost bought armor from a site that I will not mention. But my OCD research and talking to some local 501st members brought me here before making that mistake. Good luck!

Welcome to the FISD, David. Glad things worked out for you. We are all impatient and overly excited for armor. NO matter we can get you back on the right foot.

Great find with the blaster. Those are hard to mess up. Good luck with your armor purchase. There are a great number of awesome makers out there. Find the one that suits you and there will be a host of people who wear it with pride and more than happy to help with questions.

• 3 weeks later...