Iron Man MKVI in Fiberglass

Suit is a MKIV, not MKVI as I listed in the subject, but I can't change the subject... soooo....

I bought a new suit from a RPF member Masked Rider.

After quite a few hours modifying and fitting, I took it out for it's first troop yesterday... It was a massive hit.

IMG_0396_zpsbe551863.jpg
IMG_0402_zpsd180fdf9.jpg
IMG_0404_zps8b16561b.jpg
IMG_0407_zps3346c3cf.jpg
IMG_0398_zpsf45559a1.jpg
IMG_0409_zpseb8d27f0.jpg
DSC06483_zps57d72abf.jpg
DSC06481_zpsb439c0d9.jpg
Edited by Dday
  • Like 1

Awesome suit except that is a MKIII (Mark 3) suit. It was worn in the first Ironman movie. The MKVI (Mark 6) was built in the second movie and has the triangle shaped arc reactor. I have a foam version of the MkVII (mark 7) that he wore in the Avengers. I am jealous because you look so much more awesome than I do wearing mine but kids don;t care, they love Ironman.

Awesome suit except that is a MKIII (Mark 3) suit. It was worn in the first Ironman movie. The MKVI (Mark 6) was built in the second movie and has the triangle shaped arc reactor. I have a foam version of the MkVII (mark 7) that he wore in the Avengers. I am jealous because you look so much more awesome than I do wearing mine but kids don;t care, they love Ironman.

Yeah, I got the IV and VI mixed up when typing it...

However, you're still not right about the version. The MKIII is damaged beyond repair after the fight with the Iron Monger in IM1, and he makes the MKIV. It is the MKIV suit that you see in the start of IM2 when he flys into the party, and again when he fights Rhodes in the MKII suit in the house. After that is the MKV suitcase, then he goes to the triangle MKVI once he perfects the new metal for the reactor.

The MKIII has a completely different look, when you get into the deep details, like it is in any version of a custume.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome! To the uneducated, embarrassed to ask on therpf, are there any makers of iron man suits, like we have TK makers? Or are they all foam or paper built with Bondo, fibreglass on top? No one doing ABS pulls ready from trimming and painting?

Oops, I did not spot the smaller shoulders and gold abs. Your suit is one of the best I've seen. Plus you fit it well. I need to lose about 50 pounds to make mine look better. Awesome job.

Thanks!

Looks awesome! To the uneducated, embarrassed to ask on therpf, are there any makers of iron man suits, like we have TK makers? Or are they all foam or paper built with Bondo, fibreglass on top? No one doing ABS pulls ready from trimming and painting?

There are a few makers on the RPF and elsewhere you'll find after a lot of digging. Currently there is one guy in the process of a MK42 limited run but all slots are sold out, maybe he has an opening... not sure. The suit will be built to fit normal height people. There is also the guy I bought my suit from, who does a MK3 and MK4/6. The 4.6 is made for tall people like 6'5" (190cm+) and his MK3 is made for normal height people up to 6ft.

how tall are you?

I am 6'6