static burst walkie takie talk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought this same set up and it arrived yesterday. I did not get to play around with it too much but so far I am pleased. There are a ton of privacy channels and settings. It does get loud but that may be different once it is behind my chest plate and I am in a crowd. Using the throat mic there is a slight lag that tends to cut off the first word I speak but I think I just need to practice with it more.

I bought this same set up and it arrived yesterday. I did not get to play around with it too much but so far I am pleased. There are a ton of privacy channels and settings. It does get loud but that may be different once it is behind my chest plate and I am in a crowd. Using the throat mic there is a slight lag that tends to cut off the first word I speak but I think I just need to practice with it more.

Haha just be careful you don't pull an Emerson Fittipaldi with that throat mic. :)

First troop went well. It took me a minute to get the neck seal and mic placed correctly to prevent from going off on it's own from time to time, but no more than a normal mic with VOX setup. I'm trooping DragonCon next weekend and will have a chance to really put it though its paces, and try out some more push-to-talk mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The kit might be great but does anyone know if it is worth $196.00 plus shipping?

Ā 

Ā 

I think so. Hop on over to my helmet electronics thread, then scroll down to my video demonstration. It's not very long but you'll get the idea.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29534-helmet-electronics-and-external-power-supply-updated/

If the walkie talkies have an earphone output, how about plugging that into a personal PA amp, like the Aker? That should give you plenty of volume!Ā  :0Lighten:

If the walkie talkies have an earphone output, how about plugging that into a personal PA amp, like the Aker? That should give you plenty of volume!Ā  :0Lighten:

I had the same idea ;-)

But first I'll test it trooping. Today I made some adjustments and it sounds better and louder.