HDPBlues Out of Action for a bit

Daetrin

Greetings everyone,

I can't believe that it's been more than a month since I posted or even visited the FISD. It appears that announcing my return was very, very premature. I'm sorry. I also must apologize to those great troopers who, regardless of me NOT replying to their emails, continue to send me their best wishes.

Unfortunately, by attempting to return too early I reinjured my back however, more serious than that I became severely depressed and I'm currently battling this darkness today.

My heart-felt thank you to all who contributed to the care package I received from Mike A. I opened the box and wept at all the goodies. However, I just haven't had the heart to pick up or even look at those items since. I'm sorry.

I have been communicating with several friends and I think I'm making progress. So please accept my apologies to those troopers that I have not answered directly. I just don't have "it" in me at the moment.

God bless,

TGuns

Hang in there bro! My mom broke her back a couple of years ago and she was down hard. Now she's back on her feet and is a nurse still. She doesnt do any cartwheels anymore but she got better and you will too. Read any good books lately? Try "Watership Down" by Richard Adams, one of my favorites.

As always my prayers and thoughts are with you Tony. Injured or no, depressed or no, you have many friends in the world who wish you blessed and pain free life.

Best wishes to you Tony and a speedy recovery. Don't rush anything and take it easy. :salute:

Telling a cop or firefighter to stay on the sidelines is like telling an eagle it can't soar on the thermals. Let your body and mind tell you when they are ready to go back into action. Do not rush the healing process. Be good to yourself and take care.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...