Authenticprops

AP has always been a strongly supported armor here. This armor works best for the smaller framed trooper with a waist measurement of around 32 inches. If you are much bigger than that, you will have gaps on your sides or need to ad plastic shims to close that gap.

Sadly to big for AP armor, but, my helmet is AP a I love it. Plus, Mark is a nice guy and will give you give a good service.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

thanks guys I am 5'6 145 lb so this sounds like a no brainer.  I had a fiber glass kit before that fits well. However fiber glass is a pain to work with. So I can use that as a template for measuring each part. The kit is a standard size so I will have to trim it to my size. The part that scares me the most is how to glue it. I had terrible experience gluing fiber glass. it stunk like a meth lab and the glue did not work well (apoxy). Can I trim this new armor with regular scissors or with dremmel? 

thanks again

As what Steve said, it is a Great Kit to start off with. An owner of AP, myself. ;) Good Decision.

how long do yo think will take me to put it together. I have the parts of my other kit for sizing so its a matter to cut to size. so my skills are medium.

thanks guys I am 5'6 145 lb so this sounds like a no brainer.  I had a fiber glass kit before that fits well. However fiber glass is a pain to work with. So I can use that as a template for measuring each part. The kit is a standard size so I will have to trim it to my size. The part that scares me the most is how to glue it. I had terrible experience gluing fiber glass. it stunk like a meth lab and the glue did not work well (apoxy). Can I trim this new armor with regular scissors or with dremmel? 

thanks again

Another vote for AP here. It took me a couple months to assemble mine, and I've tweaked on it quite a bit since.

I used E6000 glue and clamps for the majority of the build. I did steal away with using zap a gap (and zip kicker accelerate) for most of my internal snap plates.

Take your time with it though. If you hit a road block or you're unsure, snap a couple photos and post up here and the community will help out.

All the best on your build!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll second everything everyone already said... I love my AP armor! It took me about 2 months to build mine with working on it after work and weekends. I used both dremel and tin snips to trim mine. E6000 works great although I had to use ca glue on the shims that go on the shins because of the curve. But that was before I learned about heating the abs shims with a heat gun to put a curve in them.

As Steve mentioned, you'll probably have gap between the kidney and ab plates but it's easy to fill that in with some time and patience...there's a great how to on making paste for doing that.

You'll find quick and awesome help here with anything you run into. Good luck!

Edited by Slangen

• 3 months later...

I'll second everything everyone already said... I love my AP armor! It took me about 2 months to build mine with working on it after work and weekends. I used both dremel and tin snips to trim mine. E6000 works great although I had to use ca glue on the shims that go on the shins because of the curve. But that was before I learned about heating the abs shims with a heat gun to put a curve in them.

As Steve mentioned, you'll probably have gap between the kidney and ab plates but it's easy to fill that in with some time and patience...there's a great how to on making paste for doing that.

You'll find quick and awesome help here with anything you run into. Good luck!

I am trying to get a hold of Mark (I think that's his name) at AP.

I am looking to buy suit and bucket...or at least get on the ol' wait list.

I emailed him at

authenticprops@hotmail.com

Is this still the correct contact for him?

Seems right

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Yep that is the correct email. I got mine from Mark about 3 weeks ago and have just finished building it. I only rushed because I had a deadline. Please take advice from the rest of the troopers on here - take as much time as you can!

Anyways, I will vouch for Marks service. He has been so easy to deal with and has answered all my questions even the silly ones. 

He might be really busy so give it a day or two before hassling him again. Im sure he will get back to you when he can. 

You're gonna enjoy this so much! :)