Are all E-11's the same? Per the CRL...

PDXTimbers

I realize that the ESB and ROTJ (and TKC) have different specs for EIB or Centurion, but---for basic approval, they all say the "same" thing which is: Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

Does that mean nearly any old E-11 would work for approval for ESB, or ROTJ, or TKC?  Only if one wanted to get to tier 2 or 3 would one then be concerned about the specifics the "scope rail" or the "door catch is correct" or "use of the correct front sight which is different from ANH/ESB"?

It seems that getting a ROTJ/TKC E-11 is tough to come by, but the ESB (and ANH) seem more common and I am curious if they, for approval purposes, the 'same'.?

Blasters are not a requirement for basic approval because of our weapons policy (http://www.501st.com/databank/Weapons_policy). I.e. you can achieve approval without any blaster at all.

However ... "If a weapon is presented as part of membership application photos, it will be expected to be accurate to the character represented in the pictures."

That said, if you consider that a converted Hasbro is considered accurate enough as a costume accessory, it would be rather harsh to penalise you for carrying some kind of generic E-11 or blaster which is not specific to one particular film.

So, essentially, the answer to your question is "yes".

The CRL goes into very little detail and, as long as your blaster is identifiable as an E-11 abd looks like like a decent Star Wars movie prop, i.e. not a child's toy, then your GML should be happy to approve it.

Of course, GMLs have some freedom so you would be best checking with yours directly.

As an interesting aside ...

There is evidence of at least one ESB/Snowtrooper-style/promo E-11 seen on screen in ROTJ in the Endor forest. I have carried this type of E-11 with my ROTJ armour in the past, secure in the knowledge that, although no good for EIB or Centurion, it is screen accurate.

:D 

• 11 months later...
On 6/25/2014 at 8:59 PM, Rich330 said:

Blasters are not a requirement for basic approval because of our weapons policy (http://www.501st.com/databank/Weapons_policy). I.e. you can achieve approval without any blaster at all.

However ... "If a weapon is presented as part of membership application photos, it will be expected to be accurate to the character represented in the pictures."

That said, if you consider that a converted Hasbro is considered accurate enough as a costume accessory, it would be rather harsh to penalise you for carrying some kind of generic E-11 or blaster which is not specific to one particular film.

So, essentially, the answer to your question is "yes".

The CRL goes into very little detail and, as long as your blaster is identifiable as an E-11 abd looks like like a decent Star Wars movie prop, i.e. not a child's toy, then your GML should be happy to approve it.

Of course, GMLs have some freedom so you would be best checking with yours directly.

As an interesting aside ...

There is evidence of at least one ESB/Snowtrooper-style/promo E-11 seen on screen in ROTJ in the Endor forest. I have carried this type of E-11 with my ROTJ armour in the past, secure in the knowledge that, although no good for EIB or Centurion, it is screen accurate.

:D 

Here it is the resin Pugman ESB E-11 used in ROTJ:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed