Bogue

Repair advice needed

Greetings

My name is Jason Bogue, most of my friends call me Bogue. I am in need of some advice for repairing an old beat up suit of Stormtrooper armor.

I am the 3rd owner of this particular suit of armor. The 1st owner was a 501st member, owner number 2 was not, & I believe the damage came from owner #2.

The armor photographs fairly well, but when you get up close you see the damage. Someone (not me I know better) tried using Superglue on the armor and where they did so is where the damage is at.

Is there any way to repair these spots? I'm not sure if Bondo will work in some spots due to the need for the armor to flex. Is there anything else I might be able to use?

If not I imagine I can convert the armor to a sandy & blend the damage in with the weathering, but I'd kind of like to have a shiny TK. If not no worries.

I am a fairly handy guy, so if it is possible to do the repair work I'm sure I can.

I will try to post photos of the damaged spots in the next day or 2 so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks for any feedback

Bogue

Edited by Bogue

please get photos of the armor. You may be able to make some ABS paste to fix it pending how and where the damage is. So pictures are a must. Im sure we can figure it out for you some how.

Cool, and thanks, I will try to get some photos up tomorrow. Armor is at a buddies house & he will be snoozing by the time I get off work this evening.

Sorry it took so long to post these pics, but here they are. There are spots all over the armor that look similar to this.

C4E2387D-5E14-4BB1-9DBF-C05668F6400C.jpg

8044E78C-5A74-40B8-AAA5-6A97C7757719.jpg

DCA0894B-9A3E-4D2B-BA2F-FE3ADA4D2E6C.jpg

What the...

Are they all from the thight?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What the...

Are they all from the thight?

*thigh

The pics are of the chest plate & thighs. I don't know who did that to the armor, it wasn't me. But I'm the one that has to try & fix it.

on the other side of those dents are there snaps? if so it looks like the glue that was holding them onto the armor melted the plastic.

only thing that i can think to fix it is using bondo to fill it in, then sanding everything smooth and painting all the armor.

Edited by thechosenhitman

only thing that i can think to fix it is using bondo to fill it in, then sanding everything smooth and painting all the armor.

I think the same. Maybe you can fix the chest plate to have the return edgeat the same time.

I agree with Walt. That armor appears to be heavily weathered and would be a lot of work. Bondo can be problematic with flexible material.

Alright, thanks for the input guys.

Won't be turning it into a Sandy anytime soon.

I have little money & I'll have to get a new belly plate, as well as a pauldron & the pouches.

Evercoat polyflex is an easy to work with and flexible filler.  The clones use it all the time on the top seams so they don't pop like bondo while trooping.