Eastbay evapor...stitching is ugly

Looking for my first undersuit...ran across the eastbay evapor tights, but the stitching doesn't match any more..they have a good deal going on now, but i am worried about the stitching...anyone had luck painting or dying the stitching? Or am I better off finding a different set up? I could go ahead and buy 2 compression ls shirts, but am worried about a color match with other brands...heeeelp! Please :)

post-20919-0-27230400-1402892629_thumb.jpg

Also, epic sports has some for a good price...and the local academy does too, but its more of a glossy black? I already own a BCG academy brand top, and would just need the bottoms...but is it too glossy?

Also, i see everyone using nomex flight gloves...i plan on going ESB and applying for EIB/Centurion and am looking for gloves...i found some walmart rubber gloves with grips for $3, but im worried theyll be too hot here in texas...anyone use the silk liners alone? I know it will probably be hard to grip things, and i can make due with $3 rubber gloves at least until halloween comes around and i can go to the costume stores for thinner gloves...opinions on this?

Regarding the gloves, the rubber ones are only a requirement for EIB/Centurion certification. You can do your approval and EIB/Centurion applications with them, and troop in any other approvable pair of gloves.

Ā 

Other people have suggested using the nomex gloves as liners for the rubber chemical gloves, which keeps your hands a little less slippery and gives you more control over your fingers/more dexterity.

That clarifies that a bunch thanks Tim! Ill go ahead and get em since there only $3...much rather use silk liners for trooping lol...so i should go ahead and get a size up in the rubber gloves basically?

Plenty of discussions of the new east bay gear. Pity they changed the stitching. I almost went to dye a set I had, until I stumbled across a set in Kmart. Only AUD$20 here, so probably some stupid price like $10 if you can get it hen mover there.

Dyeing stitching may be very difficult or almost impossible because it is usually a nylon thread and won't take the dye. Also I caution anyone buying cheap undersuits to make sure you wash them three or four times before wearing under your armor. I bought a lightweight set at Kohl's and it stained the inside of my armor.

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Also, i see everyone using nomex flight gloves...i plan on going ESB and applying for EIB/Centurion and am looking for gloves...i found some walmart rubber gloves with grips for $3, but im worried theyll be too hot here in texas...anyone use the silk liners alone? I know it will probably be hard to grip things, and i can make due with $3 rubber gloves at least until halloween comes around and i can go to the costume stores for thinner gloves...opinions on this?
Ā 
Ā 
I use the rubber gloves with silk glove liners.Ā  It keeps my hands a lot less sweaty and doesn't add bulk to make it hard to put the rubber gloves on.

Why not just go to Wal-Mart and get a 10.00 pair lol... all do the same thing

I assume u mean for the undersuit? The Walmarts around me dont carry longsleeves during the summer. Wish they did!

And thanks for the responses..shortly after postibg abt the east bay stuff i found a million threads...think ill go the academy route on under suit since i already have a compression top from there, that i have worn maybe once since purchasing it 2 years ago lol!

Im going to stop by academy on the way home from work today..since i alteady have a compression top of their brand BCG im going to try to get the matching tights for it...i will definitely check out Target closer to the winter time as well...good old plain compression suits are becoming scarecer with this new age fancy different colored stitching lol

Hello, can anyone advise if the eastbay evapor compression top's sizing is accurate? My chest size is approx 42 inches, so I'm not sure to chose what's in the size chart and end up with a top that's too big. Thank you for you input.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2014 at 4:49 AM, enrod said:

Hello, can anyone advise if the eastbay evapor compression top's sizing is accurate? My chest size is approx 42 inches, so I'm not sure to chose what's in the size chart and end up with a top that's too big. Thank you for you input.

-----------

Ā 

I dunno man, I'm 6', 205, and I thought an Eastbay XL would be ok and boy, was I wrong. I know it's supposed to be tight somewhat and "compress", but my god I've never looked and felt so horrible at the same time. While I admit this would be funny seeing someone type this on the reverse, I just couldn't wear this that tight. So I actually went IN PERSON to shop (since I really hate shopping clothes online). I went with an Underarmor XXL compression top. While it's -slightly- loose in the forearms for my body type, it gives me much more room in the chest and belly without looking like I'm pregnant. I'd say shop in person, as much of a pain as that will be. I went to Sports Authority, so you're going to pay a bit more there. My Underarmor shirt was like $34 bucks. I live in Florida, so a lot of hot compression gear isn't exactly stylish in mid-July.

Ā 

As far as compression bottoms, I hope this may help some other people. While picking up my Underarmor shirt, I also picked up a Champion brand compression pant that fits really well for 25% off, bringing that down to about $26. So it was about $60 out the door (with tax) for an undersuit, which from what I understand $40-60 is about the norm for this. Kudos to anyone else who gets this way cheaper and it fits; I'm jealous of you.

Ā 

In the meantime, I now have to ship off the Eastbay stuff back to them (the leggings had gray stitching like the above photo, and I didn't catch this on the website) to get my refund and wait about 8-10 days for the money back. That's the only pain with back and forth shipping. Even though the driving-around-factor is frustrating, I'd much rather try something on in person. In fact, this weekend I'll go Ross and Marshalls per your all's suggestion and see if I can find something even CHEAPER, and return the Sports Authority stuff if that happens. I'll be honest - this is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole costume so far, haha. And man, I need to get in shape, compression gear is NOT for me.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Derek. Got my compression top and bottom from trooperbay today. Turns out that they also carry the eastbay evapor. So the top fit me to size according to the size chart - I picked up a large. As for the bottoms, it was the black eastbay evapor pants with the gray stitching. I'll ask him if I can send those back. I'll take your recommendation and shop locally for some pants.

Thanks for the info Derek. Got my compression top and bottom from trooperbay today. Turns out that they also carry the eastbay evapor. So the top fit me to size according to the size chart - I picked up a large. As for the bottoms, it was the black eastbay evapor pants with the gray stitching. I'll ask him if I can send those back. I'll take your recommendation and shop locally for some pants.

Cool, glad the top fit! That was my problem. Try the Champion brand at Sports Authority if there's one near you, or whatever the local equivalent is. For the record, Marshalls didn't have anything, and Ross is a bit out of the way.

Btw, if anyone needs to know... Academys BCG compression tights are a perfect color match with the under armor tops!

Ā 

For some reason or another, my old bcg top was somehow darker than my new bcg tights. May just be a color variant that wouldnt be as noticeable, but it bugged me, so i went under armor for the top....the under armor also breathes a lot better

Ā 

Just thought id pass down some friendly info for someone who needs it

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I have a quick question, I don't have the chance to have an Academy stores close to my place but I would like to have clothes ship. Their BCG clothes seems amazing and affordable but I cannot find size chart anywhere.

Ā 

Does anyone have advices to give me? Is that brand usually made smaller or larger?
I am 5'6'' and I weight 130pounds, should I take small or medium shorts/shirts?

Ā 

Thank you!

I bought the Eastbay pants and scrubbed the stitching and logos with a big sharpie marker.

Ā 

Looked great at first. Then I washed them and the stitching turned out gray. Re-did the big sharpie marker thing and they were jet-black again and then washed a second time. Now they are pretty dark, not perfect. Ā I think one more go over and they will be black.

Ā 

I was thinking of thinning black paint and soaking it into the stitches with a brush. Not so much work actually. Just sit and watch Big Bang Theory and you are done.

Ā 

:D

Edited by russellr2d2