What is your greatest memory of SW outside the movies?

Snaps

Right after Star Wars came out in theaters, my Mom taking me to the mall one day. She never told me why we were going to the mall. I remember us having to stand in line on the escalator for the longest time. When we finally got to the top, there he was....Darth Vader! He was signing Star Wars posters. I still have that poster.

What's your greatest memory?

Edited by Slangen

Shortly after the release of RotJ, I was standing in center field during a little league game, and while looking around, I saw two TKs walking down the street towards the left field foul line. I was completely mesmerized by them, and soon, everyone was just standing there and staring in their direction as they walked towards the field.

The game was paused so that we kids could go and look at them for awhile. They were like gods in my 12 year old eyes... Gleaming white armor. I can still see them and how they simply towered over all of us, in my mind. In hindsight, they were probably a little short to be Stormtroopers.

Shortly after the release of RotJ, I was standing in center field during a little league game, and while looking around, I saw two TKs walking down the street towards the left field foul line. I was completely mesmerized by them, and soon, everyone was just standing there and staring in their direction as they walked towards the field.

The game was paused so that we kids could go and look at them for awhile. They were like gods in my 12 year old eyes... Gleaming white armor. I can still see them and how they simply towered over all of us, in my mind. In hindsight, they were probably a little short to be Stormtroopers.

And now here you are putting together your own armor!

Buying the soundtrack on lp and listening to it everyday for weeks on end. Not very many 13 yr olds were listening to that in '77

Didn't have the lp but wish I did.

I still have the record.  I listened to that everyday, and since it was before VHS, it was the only thing I had.  I would listen to it and re-enact the movie using my action figures.  I spent several hours doing this almost every day.

I also remember going to Sears and seeing Darth Vader.  I got a picture signed by him and I still have it.  Aaaahhh, the memories! :D

Watching my daughter fall in love with the original trilogy when she was a toddler. Forget Barney and the Teletubbies, she would sit and watch the entire trilogy when she was six years old and cry when it was over because she wanted to watch them again.

Buying the soundtrack on lp and listening to it everyday for weeks on end. Not very many 13 yr olds were listening to that in '77

I was 19 then and bought the LP.  It was, and still is, the ONLY LP I have ever bought!

Star Wars is one of the few things i share an interest with my dad. So growing up, those are the best memories I have with him. I've also been fortunate that both my kids have found an interest in SW. Mostly Star Wars Legos and the animated Clone Wars series, but I'm down with all that!

I bought a house in 1999, my four year old son was going to get his own room.  We would go on the weekends to work on it before the moving day. Then camp out at night having Luke vs Darth battles with our light sabers running all over the big empty house.