Your experiences with 2mm and troops

Hi everyone, 
my armor is almost completed and I can't wait anymore for my 501st membership. So when I'm going to be a member of the 501st I want to have my first troop as soon as possible. But how should I prepare myself for the first troop ? And on what should I take attention for ? And the most important thing... on what should I look for that my 2mm TM armor is not going to get any cracks? what are the most sensitive parts, wich brokes often at first? And is it possible that the armor breaks even easiere when there is some space between my body and the armor ? ( A lot of questions, I know :D )

It would be great if you could tell me your experiences ;)

Armour cracks happen. It's heartbreaking but it happens. They can happen anywhere depending on how the armour is trimmed. Common areas are the chest plate sides, belts and butt plates. Cracks can be sealed with some ABS paste behind the return edge and if you want it extra secure cut some small scrap plastic to reinforce it further.

Trooping wise: think safety.

You don't want to trip, hurt yourself (or the armour) and you don't want to hurt anyone. If you're in an area with many kids you would want to keep your blaster above your waist as leaving it down might result in the blaster hitting the head of a child. As I'm pretty sure you know by now that it's hard to see below your waist with the helmet on.

Always look and plan where you want to walk before moving and while walking look slightly ahead on the ground so you won't trip over anything or walk into any holes. Never troop without a spotter/minder/helper with you. They are your eyes and ears. During your trooping moments your spotter has the final say. Remember the spotter is in your best interests.

And as always, HAVE FUN!  Your first troop is always memorable. Good luck trooper! :salute: