I've got the general idea just need extra help.

So I've decided to go the AM route since I am taller and they include extra material for shims (I grew out these last few months). And I got some advice from another trooper to order a different bucket than what they offer.

I need a bucket that is 1) able to fit this big coconut I call a head 2) is easy on the wallet and most importantly 3) easy to build. Painting the thing I figure I could just follow some pictures but now I need to find one that's easy and accurate. AP and CAP were referred but the assembly scares me since I am not experienced with tools of the non musical variety.

What should I do? Help me FISD, you're my only hope!

I would definitely say AP or CAP would do you fine - don't be scared by the assembly. Follow the many great threads on here as guides for help and just go slow. It's easier than you think! 

If you are really worried you can always track down a Master Replica's helmet. They're not exactly accurate being that they are idealised to be symmetrical and the ears are huge but it requires you to do only few small mods to the the teeth and ears etc to be passable rather than a full build. Check out some of the threads on modding a MR Lid and see what you think.

If worse comes to worse find your nearest squad and find out when there's an armour party scheduled (or organise your own!) Then there plenty of experienced hands on deck to help you put any style lid together.

I bought a set of cap armor and just finished it. Its WONDERFUL!! highly recommended. For finish I just sanded and clear coated. No need for paint paint. But Lucas is right. There are so so many threads here that cover everything. You'll be fine!!:) also, building a bucket you can fit it to your head haha :)

I have a build thread on my armor set you can check out if you would like also to get a good idea before you start and use as a reference guide. Make one yourself too. They will answer what you have.

Here is the link.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27158-my-first-armor-build-thread-anh-s-cap-armor/

Edited by Stormy1992