WIP: My first build! 1.5 ABS TM armour build with original strapping.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy working on the arms recently.  Putting forearms and biceps together and trimming my shoulder bells.  I've joined the forearm and bicep pieces together with elastic and I've put the lower elastic strap on my shoulder bells. 

Here are a few pictures of the progress on the arms :)

Gluing cover strips to biceps

20140716_213952.jpg

All the pieces 

20140716_232705.jpg

Shoulder bells

20140716_232743.jpg

Forearms

20140716_232801.jpg

Biceps together with elastic glued in place for joining to forearms.  

20140716_232926.jpg

Forearms and biceps joined together.

20140720_215749.jpg

20140720_215805.jpg

On to trimming and joining chest and back pieces and attaching brackets for joining kidney and ab plates next   :)

Pretty sure I saw your helmet on FB, nice build!

Hi and thanks for the nice comment :) Its very possible you saw my helmet on fb. I did post a picture of it on there and I tagged troopermaster in the picture :)

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since I did any work on my kit.  One thing and another has got in the way and prevented me from getting on with it.  Over the past couple of days though I have managed to get going again and have made some good progress on the main body of the armor.  Here are a few pictures of my progress.

Abdomen and kidney parts joined with elastics and split rivets.

20140929_124819.jpg

20140929_124905.jpg

Attaching shoulder straps to chest

20140929_135831.jpg

20140929_135842.jpg

Crotch elastic attached with split rivet

20140929_140819.jpg

All parts joined together

20140929_143428.jpg

20140929_143433.jpg

20140929_143500.jpg

20140929_162110.jpg

20140929_162119.jpg

20140929_162132.jpg

20140929_162149.jpg

There's not enought comments on this thread! The build is awesome, with great attention to details. 

Superb  :)

Thank you very much. I am having a great time doing the build! Not far to go now! Going the extra with details is more than worth it! :)

Wow, this is coming together very nicely, great job, I hear Centurion calling, and can't wait to see your application photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, Wow!

Nice build!

Did you already tell where you got that smashing neckseal from?

Pleather is something I had in mind, too. But I am curios about the "shirt" that is attached ...

Wow, this is coming together very nicely, great job, I hear Centurion calling, and can't wait to see your application photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm really enjoying the build! I'm definitely going to go for centurion :)

Oh, Wow!

Nice build!

Did you already tell where you got that smashing neckseal from?

Pleather is something I had in mind, too. But I am curios about the "shirt" that is attached ...

Thank you. That neck seal came from RS. It comes as a regular dickey style. The stand I have the body armor on in the picture is covered in a similar black material. I guess that's why it looks a bit like the neck is on a shirt.

Ah, yes, you're right. I now see the difference between neckseal and the tailoring puppet.

The neckseal is from RSPropmasters?

I couldn't find anything on their Website ...

Ah, yes, you're right. I now see the difference between neckseal and the tailoring puppet.

The neckseal is from RSPropmasters?

I couldn't find anything on their Website ...

Hi.  Yes I got it from RS Propmasters.  It was quite a few months ago now that I got it.  I've just had a look on their website myself and its changed a bit since I last had a look.  Can't find neckseals on there either.  Perhaps drop them an email?  Its really nice quality, although a tiny bit tight on me.  I might have not measured my neck right or allowed a little extra when I sent them my measurements.  I'm going to hang on to this RS one for possible display and my wife (who's tailors dummy I have my armor on) is going to make one up for me :) 

Totally on point!!! Perfect so far!

Wow!  Thank you!  That is really great to hear :)  I'm having so much fun with the build!  Just looking forward to being ready for 501st approval and able to troop with my local garrison!  I'll be applying for Expert Infantry and Centurion of course too :)

Trying to get the belt sorted today.  I have a great canvas belt that I got from TM with the rest of my kit.  

I wanted to prevent any unwanted fraying of the edges so I picked up a bottle of 'Fray Stopper' from a local craft shop.  It is great stuff.  clear and flexible and dries really fast.  I just dabbed it carefully from the bottle along the edges of the belt.

20141002_154028_14.jpg

So far I've got my ammo belt trimmed and drop box front and backs trimmed and its now all ready for assembly :)

20141002_154007.jpg

I've also painted and fitted my ab buttons too :)

d86e8738-7ac0-42dc-952d-a81103db3eb8.jpg

Edited by valo

Lastly tonight, I did a quick test fitting of the top half of my kit which is now pretty much done :)

452ada0f-4b5c-4bce-9c81-72f652ea260e.jpg

Last bits I have left are to touch up paint details like painting screw and rivet heads white, attach elastic to the top of the thighs and sort out a belt to hold those up with.  I also need to sort out a new neck seal.  The one I have is a little tight and I'd prefer it to go a little higher along the jaw line towards the back of my head.  My wife is going to have a go at making one up in a nice soft black leather.  We've also sourced some rubber cord that is the right thickness and nice, soft and flexible that we are going to use to pad out the ridges.   

I've just finished my helmet this evening. I'm pretty happy with how its turned out. I've kept all the details hand painted except for the tube stripes and I used a template from Trooperbay to paint those. I didn't trust my steady hand enough for those :) They needed some tidying up and I think they still have a nice hand painted feel.

Here are a few pictures of the finished bucket :)

20140630_215454.jpg

20140630_215447.jpg

20140630_215437.jpg

20140630_215428.jpg

20140630_215419.jpg

20140630_215408.jpg

20140630_215402.jpg

And the inside.

20140630_215321.jpg

Next its on to the armour build :)

Great job on the helmet! Hand painting it is DEFINITELY the way to go. Turned out to be my favorite part of my build.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fixed elastics to the thighs and these are now attached to a belt under my armor to hold them up :)

Just done my first test fitting of the whole kit!...Very excited!  Just a few bits to finish off then I'm ready for approval!! :)

2014-10-18%2019.10.49.jpg

• Like 2