Build of pimped out TK Armor Carrying & Storage Case

I bought this Case as well from Home Depot.. Never thought of this, but this is a great idea.  At some point I will do this, I may go with Grey though... But we will see. 

The grey would look great also...pls post a pic here I'd like to see it done up if you go that route....

Yes it can fit into smaller cases for sure.  

The little caddy is used to transport the little things and repair kit which takes up room, it's handy but all that stuff can fit in a bag.

If you have a smaller vehicle then a smaller case makes sense, especially if you will be travelling and trooping with other members and their stuff.

YylL9ew.jpg?1

• 1 year later...

Major Bump Here,

I have been having a nice conversation with the great Canadian trooper here. He is hooking me up with my own set of decals and husky box tag. Been looking around, and he can get a few made for anyone else that is searching. If we get more people interested, it may result in a cheaper price for all :)

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 1

I'm curious is the fusion krylon regular paint or is it formulated for plastics? I can't recall off the top of my head. If it isn't the plastic formula may cover better with fewer coats.

Edited by Rat

I used the Krylon Maxx, as I couldn't find the fusion, on some PVC. I put on about 3 or 4 coats and it seems to work really well. I can certainly say that you can't go with just one coat and expect it to not show wear and tear.

I'm curious is the fusion krylon regular paint or is it formulated for plastics? I can't recall off the top of my head. If it isn't the plastic formula may cover better with fewer coats.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yes. the Krylon Fusion is formulated for plastic.  I didn't need any prep work such as sanding or primer.  

Just sprayed it 3-4 times.  It dries fairly quickly so you can do it all in one afternoon.

The longest part of this project was taping it all up.  Take your time as it will save you headaches when you peel the tape off.

Make sure you press hard along the edges of the tape to ensure you minimize the paint bleed and get sharp paint edges.

Have you had any problems with the paint coming off the plastic?

The tote plastic is glass filled nylon and things don't stick well to that kind of material. My decals are starting to peel so I was wondering about the paint.

The tote plastic is glass filled nylon and things don't stick well to that kind of material. My decals are starting to peel so I was wondering about the paint.

The decals are peeling off? Really?

No I haven't had any issues so far and it's been 2 years.

All I have are scuff marks from banging into doorways or using it as a beer table ;)

• Like 1

Nope, no issues, here, either. I used "Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X Ultra Cover" which claims it bonds well to plastic. My decals definitely bonded REALLY well to the paint. (So much so that I had to sand and repaint an area when I needed to reposition the decal, since it peeled the paint off)

It took 3-4 cans (I can't recall which) to do enough coats that it all seemed solidly coated.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went with the 35" husky. It's half the height and 2" shorter on width. Everything fits but my Bucket. I have a helmet bag for that. I can get this case in the trunk off my car. The big case barley fit in my back seat.  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-35-in-Mobile-Job-Box-222167/205053257

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is old, but then most of the stuff on here is and that's what makes me keep coming back.  I like seeing the older stuff again, but I also like seeing the new takes of things with improvments and so on !

When Ifirst started out, I'll admit, the COST of the Husky Bin ( or ANY bin for that matter ) was ( and still is ) allot to me...

I use to put my stuff in a regular Wal-Mart type storage container...   It didn't have wheels, and the plastic was ALL KINDS OF THIN !

This is when I was still putting everything together...

Once I got this done. I was happy to be able to put it in the bacl of a 2005 Honda Civic, but kept questioning myself...

I USE TA BE a photographer...  I spent too much money on the items I wanted, and figured back then, I should not go cheap with the protection of that stuff...

I was called out about wanting to keep one of the MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS I OWNED ( My TK ) in a poorly protected container...

I could not justify it any longer and started saving for a good bin...

Glad I did.

It would have upset me to no ends had I spent so much TIME on getting my armor done, and then something happen to it...

( Yes the money would have been an issue as well, but the TIME involved, was by far more important...)

Anyway,  I STILL LOVE what you did, and  "oneday" will be trying to do something as well...

Thank You again for posting...

Dan

TK-NoWay

• Like 1

Don't forget about the inside of your bin!  I have a ton of patches, so I attached my favorites inside the lid. 

qpmSGpd.jpg?1

Also pimped out my Tusken Raider bin.  (Genuine canyon Krayt skin on top).  :laugh1:

xTuMxMZ.jpg?1  

wTh9RC7.jpg?2

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

These are all so great looking. Would love to see more custom trunk pictures. I'm looking to eventually join the 501st and these provide some great ideas for my future build!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk