Small framed which armour is a better fit?

Hi all

I am in the closing stages of making my first TK armour ANH Stunt purchase and am overwhelmed by the amount of info, hence my question.

I am a 5'9" tall but weigh only 149lb.

I intend to build to Centurion straight up

I am looking at the following 

ATA but the waiting list is 7 months long (I could be dead by then) Lol, but I hope not.

RT-Mod

MTK

AP

AM, think i need to buy back plate as not accurate for centurion

When reading the armour guide on FISD it seems that some of the posted info is out of date so i would appreciate any sizing help.

I do see that some armour is designed with the larger trooper in mind, my height seems ok but excessive trimming for my slim build could lead to lets say, interesting looking armour

Thanks in advance for any input

RT would be too big for you. ATA and MTK are basically the same armor and still a little big for a 150 Lb. guy, AM is not passable for Centurion, that leaves AP which is nice for smaller frame troopers. Have you looked into Troopermaster???

Thanks Gaz and  enrod, looks like its goining to be AP, darn the freight is a killer.

Hi all

I am in the closing stages of making my first TK armour ANH Stunt purchase and am overwhelmed by the amount of info, hence my question.

I am a 5'9" tall but weigh only 149lb.

I intend to build to Centurion straight up

I am looking at the following 

ATA but the waiting list is 7 months long (I could be dead by then) Lol, but I hope not.

RT-Mod

MTK

AP

AM, think i need to buy back plate as not accurate for centurion

When reading the armour guide on FISD it seems that some of the posted info is out of date so i would appreciate any sizing help.

I do see that some armour is designed with the larger trooper in mind, my height seems ok but excessive trimming for my slim build could lead to lets say, interesting looking armour

Thanks in advance for any input

Isn't that average build around the same as the actors in 1977?

Height wise, I'd say yes. Weight wise, I believe he's probably a little on the lighter side of it.

Anywho...

Looks like you're on the way, Andrew!! Good luck!

I'm 5'8" and in these photos my weight varies from 150 - 155 lbs, so very close to your build.

You could throw together an AP, without thinking about it, just using the seam lines, and it would fit great.

You could also make a TM work perfectly for you too. With it not having seams in the mould and there being quite a lot of allowance, you would just need to put some more thought into it when trimming to adjust the girth of the parts just how you want it.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks all, appreciate everybody's input, Rich330, those photos were of a great help, looks like AP is a definite for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...