Any other white leather boots besides TKboots?

I finally ordered my armour and just found out that TKboots is completely sold out. I was going with them because of all the good things I heard and that their boots are white leather and not painted. My question is, is there another good company that has the white leather books. I prefer to have that instead of the painted boots. If not, my other option is to get the boots from RS Propmasters since I'm getting the armour from them. Any thoughts?

Thomas 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I know this is going to sound a bit out there and all, but with the questions about where and how much and when boots will be available, who is the best person to tell us what boots qualify ?  I would love it if there was a place that had an inventory large enough for everyone, so I've been looking over the past few months so here are just a few that I've found.    

Now, I'm a realist and I KNOW that all these boots are going to be up to qualifying and all but when and if they are not good enough, can someone PLEASE explain as to why they are not good enough.

The good thing is, I've seen these reasons on more than one post (like to pointy of toes, or Laces, or even designs) but the more info that's posted about the "Why' as they are not good, it would be really helpful.

Thank You All,

Dan

BTW - This is my first post here as I am new to this, but I really do want to know all I can before ordering anything that I'm not familiar with.

post-21298-0-02792800-1406537627_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-68986300-1406537627_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-17566700-1406537628_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-60253200-1406537628_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-06181800-1406537629_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve, your advise payed off. Since I have slighty smaller feet (9 1/2) I was able to get a size 9 from TK Boots. they fit perfectly.

Glad it worked out for you!

Hello all, I know this is going to sound a bit out there and all, but with the questions about where and how much and when boots will be available, who is the best person to tell us what boots qualify ?  I would love it if there was a place that had an inventory large enough for everyone, so I've been looking over the past few months so here are just a few that I've found.    

Now, I'm a realist and I KNOW that all these boots are going to be up to qualifying and all but when and if they are not good enough, can someone PLEASE explain as to why they are not good enough.

The good thing is, I've seen these reasons on more than one post (like to pointy of toes, or Laces, or even designs) but the more info that's posted about the "Why' as they are not good, it would be really helpful.

Thank You All,

Dan

BTW - This is my first post here as I am new to this, but I really do want to know all I can before ordering anything that I'm not familiar with.

The first boot and the fourth boot are not accepted because there is a seam in the front.  The only visible seam you want is right below where the bend in the "U" on the elastic sides is.  The third boot is a completely different style than what was used on-screen and is 100% not approvable on any level.

The second and fifth boots are what you're going for.  If I had to choose between those two, I would go with the second one, as it goes higher on the tops, which will help the shins have something to sit down on and potentially prevent them from slipping upward.

The first boot and the fourth boot are not accepted because there is a seam in the front.  The only visible seam you want is right below where the bend in the "U" on the elastic sides is.  The third boot is a completely different style than what was used on-screen and is 100% not approvable on any level.

The second and fifth boots are what you're going for.  If I had to choose between those two, I would go with the second one, as it goes higher on the tops, which will help the shins have something to sit down on and potentially prevent them from slipping upward.

Thank You for hitting me back.  I was curious, is there any way to get rid of the seam in the shoe.  Putty, or epoxy or anything at all ?

Dan

From these pictures, you would want the 2nd one and the last one, then paint white. The painting can be done really well. In the movies, the boots were painted white; if you were to go for 'accuracy'.

Thank You for your post, I was thinking the same thing, but then as pointed out, I honestly didn't even notice the seams.  For me, I was thinking that paying 75.00 plus is a bit steep, when here there are about $45.00   I'm now thinking FOR SURE there has got to be a way to make the seams disappear ?  Bueller ? ? ?  Bueller ???   Anyone ?

Dan

So to be absolutely sure, what's on TKboots is for sure 501st-allowed?

TKBoots are approved up to Centurion.

Bass Amsterdam boots painted white are approved up to Centurion as well, as I have seen a Centurion build that was approved with them:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27699-tk-32627-requesting-anh-hero-centurion-status-ne125/

Thank You again for the post you made, It got more attention than I had expected.  I got ALLOT of information (some here) but ALL KINDS on FaceBook.   I DO trust here more of course however I was pointed to a link from here :

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

and was directed to the fourth item from the bottom , "Boots" and read it.  So I asked a few more questions and got basically the same answer from just under 40 people who are in the 501st.  If I want to just go for the Basic 501st approval, these boots will be fine as the seam isn't an issue until specifically stated For level three certification ?   Now I did read and I know that these boots, pictured below have no No buckles or laces.

Can you tell me if I'm being mislead by so many people on FB or are these boots OK for Basic approval.   (I AM still looking for boots with no seams but $75.00 + for me, right now is kinda allot of money that I KNOW the wife would notice missing !  Grin...)

Thanks Again,

Daniel

post-21298-0-00097900-1407196219_thumb.jpg

Edited by DoneByDan

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the new boots.
-------------
Not sure if this is to much, but I have read hundreds and hundreds of times within these forums about pictures, and I can only HOPE this helps someone else know that their efforts ARE worth while.

BTW - I THOUGHT (hahahahahahahahaha) that I HAD to have the boots CLEANED down to the original color of the natural leather...  THAT IS NOT the case.  All you have to do is get rid of the outer layer of Wax / Shine, and then maybe scrub a bit more to get more off.  I stopped when I put acetone on a clean rag and was not able to get the black dye off without rubbing hard.

This process (for me) took 3 days (so far cause I'm still not finished) and it was in small increments of time when I could find them.

Daniel

BTW - I did try to include the actual images in this post, but I honestly do not know how.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 8/15/2014 at 2:08 PM, DoneByDan said:

BTW - I did try to include the actual images in this post, but I honestly do not know how.

Hi Dan,

Paste the direct link to the picture in the URL box.   Once you click Ok, the image should appear in your post.

Let me know if you have any trouble/questions.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I believe they will suffice for base approval and possibly EIB.  The requirement of "no seam in the front" is for Centurion level.

Thanks for making me feel better...  That's how I seen it as well and yet there hasn't been anyone who KNOW FOR SURE, to say so.  As it is now, I'm gonna use them to see if they can get the basic approval like I'm thinking it should because of the examples given AND the text.  So I guess it could be said that I am following the reference material.  Still not 100% for sure if I should give them another coat of pain / dye or not though.

On 8/21/2014 at 2:15 AM, Rystan said:

Hi Dan,

Paste the direct link to the picture in the URL box.   Once you click Ok, the image should appear in your post.

Let me know if you have any trouble/questions.

THANK YOU for pointing that out to me I HONESTLY do appreciate it.  I WILL be looking to do it for future posts and may even go back and edit this and try it out here.   (Not sure If I want to disturb the flow of the thread though JUST IN CASE someone else like me can not figure it out)

Daniel

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed