TK-24336 Requesting ESB EIB Status [MTK][405]

Well, after reading the June 2014 newsletter, I thought I might as well get off my duff and apply for my EIB! ;)

I built my MTK armor with the intention to meet EIB at the minimum and will go for Centurion if I'm close. You know, I'm more nervous applying for EIB than I was building armor for the first time. :lol:

Thanks to everyone who's builds helped me get this far and in advance for all the help along the way.

So here it goes and fingers crossed that I won't need too much work..

Armor Maker = MTK

Helmet Maker = MTK

Blaster Type = Hyperfirm ESB E-11

Height: 5' 8" / 174 cm
Weight: 165 lbs / 75 kg
Inseam: 30" / 76 cm (pants length)
Arms: 32" / 81 cm (top of shoulder to finger tips)
Waist: 34" / 86 cm
Chest: 39" / 99 cm
Neck: 15.5" / 39 cm
Hat Size: 7
Boots: TK Boots size: 8

Canvas Belt = Trooper Bay

Hand Plates = Clam shell - Costume Junkie (needed a lot of trimming)

Gloves = Nomex flight gloves

Electronics = iComm static burst, Aker amp, Echo fan bracket with own wiring and battery set up

Neck Seal = Darman zipper type

Holster = Darman ESB 4 oz.

Undersuit = Starter brand compression top and pants

(I had the photos taken at work for Star Wars Day and this was the only decent background. If need be, I can retake photo set and resubmit)

Front :

Adam_Toy_TK+%25286+of+91%2529.jpg

Back:

Adam_Toy_TK+%25288+of+91%2529.jpg

Left Side:

Adam_Toy_TK+%252810+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252814+of+91%2529.jpg

Ab_Kidney+side+rivets_left.jpg

Right Side:

Adam_Toy_TK+%252819+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252822+of+91%2529.jpg

Ab_Kidney+side_right.jpg

Abs:

Adam_Toy_TK+%252866+of+91%2529.jpg

Sniper knee plate

Sniper+Knee+Plate_left.jpg

Ammo pack knee

Ammo+pack+knee_right.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate attachment

SAM_3079.JPG

Interior strapping

Adam_Toy_TK+%252883+of+91%2529.jpg

Helmet all angles including interior

Adam_Toy_TK+%252848+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252862+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252857+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252859+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252874+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252878+of+91%2529.jpg

Edited by toybiz

Helmet Continued...

Adam_Toy_TK+%252879+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252881+of+91%2529.jpg

Hand guards Clam shell type

Adam_Toy_TK+%252869+of+91%2529.jpg

Blaster details - note the blaster weathering was toned down in the last two pictures

Adam_Toy_TK+%252843+of+91%2529.jpg

Adam_Toy_TK+%252846+of+91%2529.jpg

Left+Hyperfirm_darken.jpg

Right+Hyperfirm_darken.jpg

Rear+Hyperfirm_darken.jpg

TD back side showing bracket to end cap gap and black screw heads

Adam_Toy_TK+%252888+of+91%2529.jpg

Holster attachment ESB over straps

Adam_Toy_TK+%252882+of+91%2529.jpg

Neck seal

Adam_Toy_TK+%252890+of+91%2529.jpg

Action shot

Adam_Toy_TK+%252828+of+91%2529.jpg

Me..all smiles

Adam_Toy_TK+%252870+of+91%2529.jpg

Some items to note and I can provide pics if required - Arms are fully strapped including forearms. Belt has since been repositioned higher slightly covering the lower Ab buttons and the left ammo belt pack has been moved outward and secured with stitching on the straps to the canvas belt.  The belt ammo packs have full backing on them as that is part of the MTK kit.

Thank you and I look forward to your assistance for my EIB certification! :duim:

Adam

• Like 1

Where are you shoulder bell straps?

Thank you Mathias,

For ESB I did not see those are required for the build. But here is a pic showing my attachments from the forearms to the top of the shoulder bells.

If there is anything else, please let me know. :duim:

Thanks

SAM_3073.JPG

Thank you Mathias,

For ESB I did not see those are required for the build. But here is a pic showing my attachments from the forearms to the top of the shoulder bells.

If there is anything else, please let me know. :duim:

Thanks

Since ESB is mostly based on re-used ANH suits you should definitely add them. They are a basic requirement for ANH and should be for ESB as well. Aside from the boring "by the book stuff" it will also help your bells stay in place when moving around, making you look a lot more professional. Which is why they were added in the first place when filing the movie.

Fantastic looking build Adam. Hopefully my MTK comes up half as good. 

Since ESB is mostly based on re-used ANH suits you should definitely add them. They are a basic requirement for ANH and should be for ESB as well. Aside from the boring "by the book stuff" it will also help your bells stay in place when moving around, making you look a lot more professional. Which is why they were added in the first place when filing the movie.

Has that changed recently Mathias? CRL's currently suggest otherwise.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Ideally no shoulder bell straps across the biceps.If there is a shoulder bell strap, it shall not be visible across the biceps.
Edited by Sith Lord

Hey Adam, glad the NL inspired you to go EIB. We are after all aiming to reach 700 EIBs by this year! I have no idea why you're nervous at all. Your armour looks great! Easy pass to EIB and should even take you to Centurion with little effort.

One thing I noticed was the ranking stripes on your helmet ears. It appears to be ANH style.

Seen in the screenshots below they have at least 3 stipes:

gallery_14191_5_69448.jpg

gallery_14191_5_102785.jpg

For level three certification (if applicable):

• MRCE and/or EFX PCR helmets are not allowed.
  • ANHv2 helmets are not allowed.
  • Ear bars shall have only two to three bumps painted in black (rank stripes). <--- also stated in CRL :)
  • Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.

You can actually see the shoulder bell strap if you look closely in this picture. You can see it because it has some white glue residue on it close to where it's attached to the bell (left side trooper):

Original-ESB_Stormtrooper-004.jpg

We're only at level 2, but good pick up looking forward to Centurion.

Level 2 states:

"Ear bars shall have four bumps only, not three"

Of which I find to be conflicting with the level 3 which mentioned only 2-3 bumps. So to be safe I'd stick with the screen shots. which is 2-3 rank bars (or bumps)

Level 2 states:

"Ear bars shall have four bumps only, not three"

Of which I find to be conflicting with the level 3 which mentioned only 2-3 bumps. So to be safe I'd stick with the screen shots. which is 2-3 rank bars (or bumps)

Level 2 is talking about the number of bumps. Level 3 is talking about the number of painted bumps.

Level 2 is talking about the number of bumps. Level 3 is talking about the number of painted bumps.

Well, since Adam explicitly mentions that he wants to go Centurion, I think it's safe to discuss what he needs to consider before applying for that.

Well, since Adam explicitly mentions that he wants to go Centurion, I think it's safe to discuss what he needs to consider before applying for that.

Definately agree. That's exactly what I said in my earlier post (#11), about the "good pick up going forward to Centurion".

This post you've quoted was clarifying Evan's confusion about different sections referring to the same requirement, which they weren't.

Edited by Sith Lord

Definately agree. That's exactly what I said in my earlier post (#11), about the "good pick up going forward to Centurion".

This post you've quoted was clarifying Evan's confusion about different sections referring to the same requirement, which they weren't.

Ah thanks for pointing that out Ian! Didn't read it properly my bad :)

Thank you Mathias, Ian and Evan for the info. Simple enough to paint the additional ear ranking bumps and I can attempt to add the horizontal elastic shoulder bell straps if needed for EIB.

However based on the CRL for my build the horizontal shoulder bell strap should not be visible, however due to my relatively short arms they will. Unless I use a thin 1/4" or 1/2" (13mm) and run it just below my arm pits. So question is risk the additional strap showing or not to install it?

Thanks again for your valuable insights!

Thank you Mathias, Ian and Evan for the info. Simple enough to paint the additional ear ranking bumps and I can attempt to add the horizontal elastic shoulder bell straps if needed for EIB.

However based on the CRL for my build the horizontal shoulder bell strap should not be visible, however due to my relatively short arms they will. Unless I use a thin 1/4" or 1/2" (13mm) and run it just below my arm pits. So question is risk the additional strap showing or not to install it?

Thanks again for your valuable insights!

I think you should install it. It's always better to build like the actual suit than to follow a set of rules that changes and sometimes are plain wrong. I think in the case of the strap not showing too much in ESB could be as simple as taller stuntmen wearing the suits.

Let me worry about the incorrect CRL. ;)

Fantastic looking armor Adam! Well done! :jc_doublethumbup: I won't revisit the ear bumps. The only things I notice moving forward to Centurion are black rubber chemical gloves, if your drop boxes have the inner box. The left box looks a tad low and not even with the belt edge. Hard to see in the photos weather or not you have the white elastic straps on the shoulder bridges. And a bit too much bronzing on the blaster scope. Your TD needs to be seated on your belt better. The brackets are sticking up. Just little detail things. Overall very ,very nice. Makes me want an ESB suit. :D Good luck! (Should be an easy pass) I wish you the best!

Thanks Steve and both Jason(s), I'm currently working on the rank stripes and adding the shoulder horizontal straps but placing them so that they are not so obvious.

Will retake some photos afterwards and post up. Stay tuned for the update...