(AM, ATA, TM/c, AP) Which is best for a first-timer?

After reading the list of reputable armor sellers, all of them do sound very good. I'm just unsure which one would be the best to go with. Besides considering funds, my height is 5' 8 in. and weight is 158 lbs. Id love to hear any opinions from people with more experience then me so I don't make a decision I'd regret later on.

Thank you for your time!

Eddy

Not AM simply because it's inaccurate.. otherwise they're all pretty much the same, depending on who you ask they might have different opinions.. the AP helmet is slightly less accurate because of the smoothed cap and back but besides that it's just price, wait times availability etc.. as a newbie you would never know the difference

There is no "first timer" armor. In the TK world, you jump in with both feet or you stay out of the pool. AM and RT Mod are just too big for your frame. RS or TM would look best on you if you are ready for the investment. AP is also good for you. ATA or MTK might run a little big

I vote for Troopermaster aka TM armor. Since it is fan sculpted and super accurate as well, the pieces come together wonderfully. The mismatch problems you find on some of the armor makers that make it a PITA to build just aren't there.

Depends, the helmet is supposively redone for accuracy..i see a lot of people getting AM lite kits and going with a different helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much any accurate armor you want, they all have differences! 

As a bigger trooper I am going with AM but I hear the helmet needs extra work to be 501st approved. Does anyone know what kind of work that is?

If your kit comes with the FX helmet then get another helmet. But if it comes with the newer accurate helmet I wouldn't see a problem besides putting it together.

I'm 5' 10" ~175lbs and have purchased/started assembling ATA.  It's a good kit and very straightforward; I haven't had many issues but I'm only through my biceps/arms so far.  It's definitely one of the more affordable kits out there, IMO.

Edited by Allerg3n

Any of the screen sized kits should fit you just fine. Its really a matter of wait list time and price that will help make your decision for you. Look at the list of vetted sellers again and stick with the standard sized suits (e.g. you won't want RT-Mod as that is made for larger troopers). As with Josh, I am finishing up my ATA kit and I measure in at about 5'10" and 175 lbs. So far, it has been a great kit to build.

All great kits. Wait time and money are your biggest factor as far as the makers. As stated, they all have slight differences. TM, AP and T/MC are all great. I hear good things about ATA as well. Hard to argue screen derived or something called Authentic Trooper Armor. :) I've never heard complaints about any of them.