Ericia's ANH Walt80 Kid build

I ordered two Walt 80 (80% scale) TK from WTF for my little brothers (age 6 and 8).

One will be ANH Stunt like me, and the other will be a Sandy.

As I wait for them to arrive, I've started the build on one of the kid lids.

A859B1E3-18A0-4B02-9C97-5CA9719C02A4.jpg

Side by side of the Walt80 and Gino v2

FC8FB59A-CA00-48CD-8EC4-7ED029341E37.jpg

Side by side of a completed one that I won.

840C62AD-BBE2-4182-86C3-DFD2E4B11F77.jpg

Little ears.

DAE56E02-0EB1-46EE-8938-DDFAF21E6BDB.jpg

Progression

9D71D73C-BAAE-4BFF-BE0A-FD34B755840D.jpg

Side by side with my completed AP

Wow you are super nice to those little brothers! Looks like a good kit. How are you doing the tube stripes? Do the decals fit? Hand painting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I do have to admit though, there are ulterior motives here... If I bring 4'5'' Stormtroopers with me... by direct relation, my 5'2'' will look much taller LOL

As far as the tube stripes, they are decals. I could have trimmed them down by 20%, but really, they look just fine. I will probably lose 1 or 2 once I close the lid and attache the ears.

Looking good. A word of advice, when you start riveting it together, connect the wearer's left side first.

I've got a blue one similar to your pink one and a white one that I built. Great kit, but starting on the left will probably save you a headache or two.

Hmmmmm. By total chance, i did start with the left ear. I have it completely assembled. No pictures since I managed to slip the drill into my palm and cut it open lol but I will post an update once I paint the ears.

It wasn't too much work getting everything lines up and connected. I will say though, the ears were a challenge. More sore than a full size. There are definite gaps that I am NOT satisfied with. So. I might give the second set a go and try to fix it as much as possible.

LoL... Lucked out there. I started on the right, and nearly went mad trying to line up the left.

I wound up drilling out the right side rivets, and then I had no problem at all.

Hope your hand gets healed up. I've done that with the blaster build, too. LoL

Need more ears????..i try to send 2 sets...but if you need more. Got em...or ericia will have them as she told me she wants to trim all of them for everyone!!she is so nice to do this for everybody.....clapping

Hmmmmm. By total chance, i did start with the left ear. I have it completely assembled. No pictures since I managed to slip the drill into my palm and cut it open lol but I will post an update once I paint the ears.

It wasn't too much work getting everything lines up and connected. I will say though, the ears were a challenge. More sore than a full size. There are definite gaps that I am NOT satisfied with. So. I might give the second set a go and try to fix it as much as possible.

Ahhh yes. Send all TK ears to me. I would LOVE to trim them. It's like.... My most favorite thing ever! I could spend days trimming ears.............. >_>

More ears for me? No... Thank you for the mention of them, but I have a feeling that I'll be ordering another KidKit or two from you over the years. I somehow fail to have faith that my now 2.5 year old will be as careful with the bucket as I will be with mine. LoL

No clue as to the destruction level of the currently in-utero little Dark yet.

She is excited. .i got like 10 million texts with pics of her getting the box. The box sitting on the floor..One side open the the other then the insides..All pic doc ..i am happy your happy..if you need anything text or call..just Rembert i am an hour ahead so no calls after 10 your time..and i look forward to seeing you. Do this build

Ha! Whatever...... it was more like 3.4mil, not 10mil....

You sir, have been a huge help throughout this process. I cannot wait to build these kits. ............... those sniper knee plates though!!! :jc_doublethumbup:  :jc_doublethumbup:  :jc_doublethumbup:  :jc_doublethumbup:  :jc_doublethumbup:

LoL...  Awesome!

I can feel the excitement oozing through the screen.  I don't know if the layout was cool, or intimidating.  It looked like you redecorated and the theme is TK.  Got to love the sniper plates though - they really tie the room together, man.

Edited by Dark CMF

Thank you Tim!

Typical man, Walt's over here trying to make me look crazy lol

TK armor has pretty much consumed my home and life lol

Woah. I've been away for a while so I didn't know that Walt had actually moved into armor production with this project ... excellent.

@Walt - I know of a very small woman (~5'1", 100lbs) who would kill for a set of TK armor sized to her. Could she fit this?

Yes... Best sister in world ^_^

They are 4ft and 4ft3in.

I feel pretty confident in saying that I doubt this armor would fit a 5ft/100lbs woman. Its very small in comparision to a full size TK. I am 5ft2in and a full size fits with me [with modifications].

But.... I happen to work with a girl who is approx that size. I will bring the chest and abs into work tomorrow and size them to her.

The problem I have is that I had her try on an RS helmet this past weekend and she looked like a bobblehead - the helmet literally went from shoulder to shoulder on her. I shudder to think what an FX helmet would have looked like on her. :blink:

She didn't even need to do the side twist to put it on, and helmets (especially screen-accurate like RS - and this one came preassembled by Rob and Si) tend to run one-size fits all. So I was looking for other options.