Am I considered a "bigger" trooper? ATA armor?

Hey all, after much deliberation, I am more confused than ever. I met with my local garrison a while back for an armor party and to get some ideas about armor. A few people sized me up and thought ATA would fit. Now that it's months later, I'm still wondering if I made the right choice. Not that I want to double-guess what people tell me, but I'm curious as to what other experienced people int he community think. The more, the merrier, right?

I'm 6', and my weight honestly fluctuates between 205-215ish (currently 208), depending on how well I'm eating and sticking to my healthy diets, haha. I think my proportions are fairly "normal", I'm tall, a slight belly but not largely obese.

I'm currently on a waiting list for ATA armor. I don't want to sit on the list for 6 months to find out I've chosen the wrong armor, or didn't do my research. Others have told me MTK, and some RT Mod, etc. With all this info, it's nerve-wracking and contradicts each other. Please pardon if this thread has "been done" before. I've honestly used the search function and I just come across a lot of build threads. Shopping for clothes is typically an anxiety-induced affair with me, and this magnified that. A LOT of money, and CAN'T try anything on! Any insight?

I think that Troopermaster makes "XL" lengh shins for taller troopers.

Give him a shout in private on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You will fit in ATA. If you have a 38 in h waist, you will fit. Even if you are 39, you can still squeeze into it

I have a friend who is 6'0 215 lbs and he tried on my armour, theres no way in hell he was getting into it without adding at least 4" shims on either side... thats not to mention the legs and arms as well.. But I mean I guess it more or less depends on the person, he is a 38 waist

Edited by Palpatine1977

5 11 ish 130, no armour fits me lol.. but this was before the armour was trimmed

That's not true, there a guy in our squad who's about your size who I think wears MTK and it looks fine. There are a ton of other armor makers, I'm sure you've searched? http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12693-which-armour-is-better-for-a-bigger-trooper-read-here/page-2?hl=%20sizing (Page 1 sticky). Steve knows his stuff, he's seen many a TK. I think I'm just in that gray area where I could wear ATA or RT-Mod, but there's a big price different. I just don't want my leg pieces looking too short/too much black with an ATA kit.

That's not true, there a guy in our squad who's about your size who I think wears MTK and it looks fine. There are a ton of other armor makers, I'm sure you've searched? http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12693-which-armour-is-better-for-a-bigger-trooper-read-here/page-2?hl=%20sizing (Page 1 sticky). Steve knows his stuff, he's seen many a TK. I think I'm just in that gray area where I could wear ATA or RT-Mod, but there's a big price different. I just don't want my leg pieces looking too short/too much black with an ATA kit.

Oh yea I can wear it, looks fine once it's on with padding. I guess it depends a lot on how it's made too.. How about AM? It is not as pricey

I'm 5'10" and weigh between 175 and 180 depending. The ATA fits me well. As far as your height, that is a non-issue -- ATA will fit you just fine. As far as weight is concerned, you should be close to fitting or you may need some slight shimming on the sides. My waist is probably a size 34, though that is never an accurate measurement in inches. The ab/kidney plates fits snuggly front to back, but there is some room on the sides. I'll try to get an actual measurement of my stomach area with a flexible tape measure to give you an idea of fit.

I'm 5'10" and weigh between 175 and 180 depending. The ATA fits me well. As far as your height, that is a non-issue -- ATA will fit you just fine. As far as weight is concerned, you should be close to fitting or you may need some slight shimming on the sides. My waist is probably a size 34, though that is never an accurate measurement in inches. The ab/kidney plates fits snuggly front to back, but there is some room on the sides. I'll try to get an actual measurement of my stomach area with a flexible tape measure to give you an idea of fit.

Sounds good, thanks! Ill just have to drop weight and get to like 190 :)