I'm kinda going coucou...

Hello Troopers, 

So I decided to install my sniper plate correctly on my armor (It's an old FX that was installed with rivets). It was originally held by rivets. I did some ABS paste and filled the holes and glued it. 1st time I used E-6000, as I was putting my armor, it fell. 2nd time, I used crazy glue, did not last the time to put it in my travel box. Now the 3rd time, I used ABS glue, I managed to get dressed and walk 3 steps before it came out. 

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at the point to use rivets again. 

Thanks 

Eric

Edited by Tolo

Did you use clamps ad let it cure overnight?

Yeah, with the E-6000 I left it for 1 week

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I use Plastic Welder you mix together. If it ceom apart, a piece of your armor will be with it. That strong.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I will try it.

Eric, I don't know if this will be any good to you but here's a little something that I posted on TK-7186's (Gerrit) thread back in Feb. 2012

Just one of many ways to get 'round a nagging problem :)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18483-sniper-plate-question/#entry222052

On 2/6/2012 at 4:43 AM, Billhag said:

Here's my method, nothing too big and exciting, just a simple solution with the practicality
of being able to remove or replace if needed at a later stage.
Some sniper plates can be a bit of a buggar to play around with and 2mm acrylic capped ABS
is no exception as it tends not to give too much when you try to bend or shape it.
(no problem with 1-1.5mm). Riveting it straight on is not to much of a problem
but it tends to fight you when you try to glue it in place. E6000 will hold it but as I have seen
many times will eventually give out. You could use something more permanent like Pipe Weld
or similar but this means you’re knackered if you ever want to swap it out.
So here’s my little solution, nothing revolutionary, and there may well be some out there who
have an even better way to achieve a nice ‘n’ clean non permanent way of fitting this little buggar
with less fuss, so always keep an open mind, ‘coz as the saying goes “there’s more then one way to
skin a cat

Gerrit
Go for the smaller rivet mate and once they're on get some Miliput and just dome the top off, works a treat

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Eric, I don't know if this will be any good to you but here's a little something that I posted on TK-7186's (Gerrit) thread back in Feb. 2012

Just one of many ways to get 'round a nagging problem :)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18483-sniper-plate-question/#entry222052

This is amazing!!

Thank you.