Overwhelmed with Build Information

Holy cow guys! There is a LOT of information to search through. I've got my little list started of things I need to research. I'm trying to be patient. While I have a lot of it on good days, I have very little on other days. Specifically when I get a bug up my booty like building an awesome Stormtrooper suit. :-)

Any direction you can add to the list below would be VERY welcome and MUCH appreciated!

Things to search:

1) SEARCH FOR SIZING ISSUES WITH A STANDARD SIZED SUIT: I'm short for a Stormtrooper. But pretty average for a girl. I'm 5'6 and weigh in at...oh yeah I'm gonna tell you...145. I race mountain bikes so I'm fit. Sadly being fit has done nothing for my boobs. So I don't have to worry about not "fitting" in a Stormtrooper chest piece. Trust me. The "girls" will fit just fine!

2) BUY A COMPLETED KIT OR START WITH A HELMET: Let me just say that given the opportunity, I will bite off WAY more than I can chew. It's just a fact of my life. I almost never give up and do finish what I started. But sometimes there is a major cost involved. I would really like that NOT to happen here. So I'm considering starting with a quality BUT cost effective (I ain't made of money!) helment kit. Only after I've 100% finished it am I allowed to purchase a suit kit. If I don't do this I'll run wild with scissors...as they say!

3) HOOK UP WITH SOME LOCAL NERDS: I know they're out there I've seen you at our little Comic Con. ;-)

Thanks

Jen

1. Diana has an amazing build thread on building a set for women

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25919-dianas-rs-props-build-anh-stunt/

2. if you are anticipating a lot of resizing, ready built is really not the way to go , you can get a reasonably priced helmet kit fairly quickly from ATAworks

3. where is local? once you mention that someone from your area will probably turn up pretty quickly

When searching, always make sure the grey button next to the magnifying glass icon says "Forums". Otherwise it will search elsewhere, like in the thread you are visiting.

Welcome, Jenny! There are lots of girls here (and smaller guys) who can help you along. 

Don't worry, there's a lot of room in the chest piece for "the girls"... you'll probably have more room than I do for the Aker amp once you get to that point.

I say get a suit and build it all. I would get your hands dirty on some plastic before tackling a helmet.

CHEERS!
Ingrid

Search feature - click the little 'cog' to go to the advanced section, then you can search words 'in titles only'. Works great.

Helmet only - nah.... It'll only take you a few days to do the helmet, then you'll be twiddling your thumbs wishing you bought the kit at one go. Buy the lot. It will be cheaper in the long run.

+ with what Ian said. Whole kit would make a better choice for one reason in my opinion really. Color match. Even though all our armor is "white', you will soon learn to see subtle differences in the shades. This is normal from batch to batch even from the same armor maker. I know a fellow TK in my local garrison who's armor is made up from several makers and in photos, I never knew until I saw it in person that I was able to see the slight shade difference.

There is of course the big step of which armor builder to choose from.

This post by Mathias is great to identify the lineage of your chosen armor maker http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26479-armour-family-tree/

Good luck and being 5'6", you shouldn't have a problem... :D

Holy cow guys! There is a LOT of information to search through. I've got my little list started of things I need to research. I'm trying to be patient. While I have a lot of it on good days, I have very little on other days. Specifically when I get a bug up my booty like building an awesome Stormtrooper suit. :-)

Any direction you can add to the list below would be VERY welcome and MUCH appreciated!

Things to search:

1) SEARCH FOR SIZING ISSUES WITH A STANDARD SIZED SUIT: I'm short for a Stormtrooper. But pretty average for a girl. I'm 5'6 and weigh in at...oh yeah I'm gonna tell you...145. I race mountain bikes so I'm fit. Sadly being fit has done nothing for my boobs. So I don't have to worry about not "fitting" in a Stormtrooper chest piece. Trust me. The "girls" will fit just fine!

2) BUY A COMPLETED KIT OR START WITH A HELMET: Let me just say that given the opportunity, I will bite off WAY more than I can chew. It's just a fact of my life. I almost never give up and do finish what I started. But sometimes there is a major cost involved. I would really like that NOT to happen here. So I'm considering starting with a quality BUT cost effective (I ain't made of money!) helment kit. Only after I've 100% finished it am I allowed to purchase a suit kit. If I don't do this I'll run wild with scissors...as they say!

3) HOOK UP WITH SOME LOCAL NERDS: I know they're out there I've seen you at our little Comic Con. ;-)

Thanks

Jen

Hi there namesake!

You're cracking me up!!! :)

You'll do just fine, and you're gonna look awesome in your TK.

I agree with what everybody has already said, but I usually agree anyway.

Have a fun build!!!

Cheers, - another Jenny

Oklahoma puts you in Star Garrison territory, If you haven't already contacted them and are on Facebook there is a group for new recruits that can help you get in contact with other people in the same boat as you a little more local

http://www.facebook.com/groups/296336407050926/

Imperial Academy - Star Garrison Recruit Page

First of all congrats! Don't get overwhelmed...focus on pieces and search as you build. When you do the thighs for example: trim, fit, search cover strip width etc and you're done. Don't try to figure it out all at once as it will all come together ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk