Your thoughts on AM armor

Hey all, just joined & have been reading a lot about armor. I still have the old FX armor but am wanting new armor. I would like to have other troopers opinions that have & use AM armor. I've already emailed an inquiry to them & have their kit options and prices.

I am wanting to do the ANH stunt so will this armor be the way to go?

Again so glad to be here, the info is amazing!

Thanks all

The original AM armor is not a good way to go. There are accuracy problems just like the FX armors.

They are working on a new version that is supposed to be better (not recast like NE).

SO long story short, stay away from the old AM armors, which is what available now.

I got their email & he stated they have newer armor which is improved over the older type you must be talking about. Thanks for your response.

They do have newer armor, it's called NE and quite a few pieces have been shown to be recast (which is a bad thing) from a set of RS armor. As far as I am aware, NE armor is not allowed to be sold here on these forums. They are working on even newer armor, which is supposed to be their own work, but it still has a lot to go in terms of accuracy. If you aren't into your armor being accurate and looking like you just came from a movie set, then it's your choice to be so.

AM is back with them, new revisions to the armor has been made. Email him for more details, but it sounds good so far!

I am really leaning towards one of them.  I am 5'10 175-180 lbs(i dont own a scale for self esteem reasons)  lol...but have seen the armor look great with people around my size..my future squad leader reccomended them to me, and pricing is right about where I want them.....too hear about the changes I would email him directly... i don't feel right posting all the details for something im not actually selling myself

I am really leaning towards one of them.  I am 5'10 175-180 lbs(i dont own a scale for self esteem reasons)  lol...but have seen the armor look great with people around my size..my future squad leader reccomended them to me, and pricing is right about where I want them.....too hear about the changes I would email him directly... i don't feel right posting all the details for something im not actually selling myself

Sounds like ATA or MTK or even CAPW is a better fit for you. Plus these armors are way better looking in terms of accuracy, shape, and overall appearance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the waiting list for the next run of AM gear. I was also told that this is newer/modified armor and is acceptable for Level 1 and 2 501st entry.