TK Armour Transport (pimped out carrying case and storage)

Thank you!!! I used a cheap twin mattress pad and it fit perfectly!

Clever! I was wondering what your source was for that.  I'm nearly done with the exterior of mine (pics to come), but need to attend to the interior next...

• Like 1

I'm nearly done with the exterior of mine (pics to come), but need to attend to the interior next...

I am excited to see what you have in store for that!

I was planning to do the paint job and whatnot, but since I have college starting really soon I will be unable to do it as soon as hoped.

But all your boxes look fantastic guys!

• Like 1

I am excited to see what you have in store for that!

I was planning to do the paint job and whatnot, but since I have college starting really soon I will be unable to do it as soon as hoped.

But all your boxes look fantastic guys!

Ok, here you go!

20160614015146-c52812e6-la.jpg

20160614015148-47d6809d-la.jpg

And thanks to VirtualCaitlin, the cheap twin Walmart bed pad worked great for the interior!

20160613130857-cb3b69ff-la.jpg

At this point, I'm waiting for my 501st engraved box tag to cover the Husky logo, and some stickers for the side centers. (I'll add SoCal Garrison, and 501st stickers on one side, and add the FISD stickers to the opposite side, with the LA Squad sticker... or some combination thereof.)

I also need to figure out the best way to clean up the lines that didn't come off as cleanly as I would have liked. But then I'll be ready to roll out in style!

A few more pics in my build thread, along with my current packing scheme.

Thanks again, VancouterTrooper, for the fantastic idea!

Alan, how did you you get your lines so clean? I botched mine pretty badly. I definitely have a lot of edge cleanup to do. I wish I had taken the masking tape off a lot sooner, I was worried I'd need another coat and would have to tape it all over again, but waiting for the paint to fully dry just made it stick and lift off (partially/poorly) with the tape. Later, I started running a blade along the tape edge before lifting it, but the first few bits were already bad, and I missed cutting well enough in a couple of spots while lifting tape, and they came up poorly also.

Of course, the box still looks fantastic from 20 feet away. ;)

I don't know exactly why mine had a clean edge. I remember really pressing down the edge of the tape to make sure nothing got underneath. Also it was a painters tape that I used. And I also let it dry before removing.<br><br>

There were a few spots I had to touch up but nothing major.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a large and a small husky bin. Finished my small bin. I'm going to do the opposite paint scheme with my larger bin. Thanks for the inspiration and tips everyone. 

IMG_0665.JPG

I also took cheap mattress pads from Walmart and cut them to shape and made some easy slips covers for them. Found the fabric at Joanns.

IMG_0663.JPG